PDA

View Full Version : Furnace guy Calgary

rosh
02-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Wondering if there are any furnace guys from Calgary on here? My cousin has a brand new furnace that she is selling. I'm due for one soon, so I need to find out if this furnace is good for my house and not sure how to do that. Thank in advance for any help.

alacringa
02-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Wondering if there are any furnace guys from Calgary on here? My cousin has a brand new furnace that she is selling. I'm due for one soon, so I need to find out if this furnace is good for my house and not sure how to do that. Thank in advance for any help.

cabertosser is your man.

rosh
02-26-2015, 10:00 PM
2 for cabertosser. Thanx

CaberTosser
02-26-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm a gasfitter & can fix the heck out of any furnace, but installations are a tinsmiths realm so far as getting permits and inspections go. Among local AO'ers Dewalt18 is the man for that. If you just have sizing questions though, just check your existing furnace and snap a photo of the information rating plate which will have to pertinent data to compare to this other unit that you're considering. Finding a contactor who is interested in installing this new unit might be an issue as well, fellows generally make some money on their materials mark-up, so generally any one of them is going to be pricing accordingly. Unless you're going to get a much better price on this unit than they get wholesale, you might just be better off hiring a contractor to supply and install.

The main number to cross check between the two is the BTU output's of both, the newer one will be more efficient so comparing the BTU inputs wouldn't necessarily match up.

Edit: the rating plate is usually visible inside the furnace on the left or right after removing the upper service panel, on some units they are on the outside, but less frequently so. It will have info such as the manufacturer, model #, serial#, BTU input, BTU output, electrical amperage rating, etc.

rosh
02-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanx. The furnace is less then half price, so basically I'm just trying to figure out if it will work for my place. Then if it does I guess next step is finding someone to install.