PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fishing Tip

waterninja
02-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Was up early today and was watching a fishing show. They were targeting trout, and when they caught one and went to remove hook to release the fish, they held it belly up. Apparantly if you hold a fish upside down when removing a hook they relax and don't squirm and twist around like they will if held normally. Found that interesting. Will have to try it.

RisingRainbows
02-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Was up early today and was watching a fishing show. They were targeting trout, and when they caught one and went to remove hook to release the fish, they held it belly up. Apparantly if you hold a fish upside down when removing a hook they relax and don't squirm and twist around like they will if held normally. Found that interesting. Will have to try it.
I do it that way when removing the hook from small trout. It does seem to help.

Battery
02-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Not sure about fish, but this is how Orca's kill Great White Sharks.

58thecat
02-28-2015, 08:46 AM

It works, tried it with lakers but then again they are slimy and strong so better off to attempt it in the water...

borchy
02-28-2015, 09:02 AM
I do it always on small trout. Works well

Cory1
02-28-2015, 09:36 AM
My tip is walk slow on thin ice and shallow water when a nice pike is eyeing your buddies bait.
Figured that out last night when the crusty ice cracked and she took off. :sign0176:

Adwittoutdoors
02-28-2015, 03:07 PM
I totally agree with turning a fish over ( belly up ). I figured that out handling small bows. :) I noticed how hard it was to remove the hook and also how hard you had to squeeze the little fellas. Trial and error when first learning to fish.

TROLLER
02-28-2015, 03:51 PM
And yet if you hold a walleye belly down they will calm right down.

Coulee
03-01-2015, 02:51 PM
I've always found a fish bonker works 100% of the time.

Wild&Free
03-01-2015, 03:06 PM
And yet if you hold a walleye belly down they will calm right down.

belly up with walleye works good too, dad taught me that as I'd pass him fish from the live well

birdhound
03-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I do hold Trout belly up but read once that it isnt good for them but,... of course, cant remember the reason....

kevinhits
03-01-2015, 03:44 PM
My tip is walk slow on thin ice and shallow water when a nice pike is eyeing your buddies bait.
Figured that out last night when the crusty ice cracked and she took off. :sign0176:

Your imagining things:bad_boys_20:He just wanted my bait after all..:sHa_sarcasticlol: