PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good trout lake?

bigfis
03-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Looking to plan a last minute late season trip fish for some trout (bows, cutts, Lakers or brookies). I am willing to drive 12 hours from Calgary and have about 5 days on my hands. I was thinking of heading north to either BC, Ab or SK but not really sure were to go as have never really been to any of those locations. Any one have an recommendation of some lakes or areas to check out? I will likely be tenting so off the beaten path is fine.
Thanks for any help.

Red Bullets
03-07-2015, 03:29 PM
If you haven't been... BC is the place to go for trout. Get yourself this book and it will give you lots of great info on lakes to check out. You can check out the coverage area on the website. You shouldn't have to drive more than 5 hours from Calgary to get to good fishing.

http://www.backroadmapbooks.org/index.php?main_page=product_book_info&products_id=215&zenid=8o942ceu64i5d51c3mi058j976

Depending when you are going alot of the higher lakes will be frozen until May.
Premier Lake, White Lake or Kootenay Lake are really nice. There are bass in Invermere Lake by Radium too.

waterninja
03-07-2015, 04:17 PM
X2 on B.C. for trout. Heck, Creston is only a few hours from Calgary, and Kootney lake has some monster trout. There are hundreds of lakes and rivers that have great trout fishing in B.C. Just have to study their regs. and pay quite a bit more for the licene's.

lambski
03-07-2015, 06:47 PM
PM me.