PDA

View Full Version : Ice at Gull

Kim473
03-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Is the ice still good to drive on there? Gonna head there Sunday. Easy driving on or poor ? Probably the last outing for this guy. Gonna head toward meridian beach area I think.

Ice was good at Utikima Friday but snow melting fast , lots of water by late afternoon. With the warm weather, driving on any lake will get poor in a very short time.

Blastoff
03-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Ice will be good till end of March

EZM
03-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Is the ice still good to drive on there? Gonna head there Sunday. Easy driving on or poor ? Probably the last outing for this guy. Gonna head toward meridian beach area I think.

Ice was good at Utikima Friday but snow melting fast , lots of water by late afternoon. With the warm weather, driving on any lake will get poor in a very short time.

Ice was good on the south side today - a friend was out there most of the day. Fishing was good but nothing big he said.

Mitchthefisher
03-07-2015, 06:58 PM
ice was about 30 inches wednesday

kevinhits
03-07-2015, 07:25 PM
ice was about 30 inches wednesday

WOW...Here is Southern Aberta, we are lucky to have 15-20" of ice:)

calgarygringo
03-07-2015, 08:00 PM
With the forecast this week we may be done down south. Tomorrow may be the last hurrah down this way. Some pretty warm days coming up.
Maybe take the boat out next week for closing weekend.:)

WOW...Here is Southern Aberta, we are lucky to have 15-20" of ice:)

tight line
03-07-2015, 08:20 PM
FYI they are digging out the boat launch at Meridian, talked to the Construction guys and they said they eould try and leave a trail around if possible.

dezmo13
03-08-2015, 09:45 PM
it's gunna get really warm this week coming up...

Kim473
03-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Ice and driving conditions were good but the snow on top is melting fast. Looks like people are starting to take shacks off but still lots on there. After a week or two it might be quad only. Pending how much sun and how warm it gets. Better start thinking about moving those shacks. as the ice looked like it might be thining from what people were saying how thick it was. :thinking-006:

1bluZebec
03-09-2015, 08:38 AM
+17 for next weekend! If it just getsts warmer till then it will be wet and sketchy indeed. I'd be taking my shack of if I had one on there. Pigeon has quite the heaves and flooded areas just out from p.p

EZM
03-09-2015, 10:09 AM
If the weather man is correct .... we should see some interesting conditions here in the next few weeks.

Although the top layer will be nasty, the main body of the ice should still be OK until temps fall again.

Be careful out there.

allenford
03-09-2015, 12:31 PM
I wonder the shoreline condition under such temperatures the main body of the ice should be ok while you cannot drive on because the thawed shoreline

SNAPFisher
03-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Yep, agree with the comments. It is fine now. The snow hasn't even melted. As it progresses, more ice reports would be good to share. The ice heave that everyone is driving over at Wilsons might change this week.