PDA

View Full Version : Fish Hunter Sonar Review

slamilton
03-08-2015, 09:03 AM
After much debating whether to buy Deeper or I Fish Hunter, I went with Fish Hunter. SO far I am happy with it, although it doesn't get accurate reading in under 10ft of water it seems, and I would bet when the ice is thicker it will not be great either. I know Deeper got some great reviews on AO, but I read lots of other online reviews and decided to go with this one as it was $100 cheaper and had a much longer battery life. Pretty happy overall, was marking lots of fish yesterday and can't wait to try in open water trolling or in deeper lakes. One problem is the Flasher APP seems low quality, although I am still learning how to best use.

Engibeer
11-01-2015, 07:24 AM
After a summer of use are you still happy with the FishHunter? I am also debating between the Deeper and the Fish Hunter. I see there is a new version of the FishHunter coming out too.

slamilton
11-02-2015, 07:51 PM
I would not recommend it in the end. It is an overpriced depth finder is my opinion. Don't waste your money.

Brandonkop
11-02-2015, 08:51 PM
After a summer of use are you still happy with the FishHunter? I am also debating between the Deeper and the Fish Hunter. I see there is a new version of the FishHunter coming out too.

I've got the new fish hunter pre release to try out. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but when I do I'll post a video on the +/- for it. I thought the Deeper worked pretty nicely through the ice, I'll see how this one works out.

slamilton
11-03-2015, 04:30 PM
I watched your review and should've gone with deeper. Was swayed by the longer battery life of fish hunter. I just don't find that it marks any fish whether trolling or ice. And if it does I think it is inaccurate.

Engibeer
11-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Hi Brandon,

I saw your unboxing video. Did you get a chance to use it on the ice? I'm curious to see how it performs since it is on sale right now for $200.