PDA

View Full Version : Pike Fishing Pics.

packhuntr
12-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Afew pics from fishing for the toothy kind over Christmas. Hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy the holiday season.

jeprli
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Nice gators, and a beautiful dog too, I miss my aussie.

SteveY66
12-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Great pics, but this forum is starting to make me laugh with all the lake X threads.

Are we not supposed to help and exchange info? Isn't that what a fishing forum is?

SteveY66
12-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I guess so,

but maybe it's because i havent saw the mass fisherman after i gave a report from the board.

Only time can tell i guess. But i'm sure if someone asked for info you would kindly help.

Alliman
12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Right on Buddy I am sure you had a great day even if you had not got those monsters ,nice to see the whole famdamily out there Tight lines my friend

packhuntr
12-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey thanks Alli !! Been a long time. Hope the hollidays were good. All the best, take care out there buddy.

rustynailz
12-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Nice pike man...and I wouldn't be telling the world where that is either.

Nothing wrong with a PM to share the odd bit of info.

dodger
12-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Great pics and with a spot that produces Pike like that I would also be whiting out the background. That is one of the reasons that I also explore some other places off the beaten path just to find a gem of a spot like that!! I also noticed the dog but it was the one in the background, is that a Springer back there? I love my Springer's.
Dodger.

npauls
12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Those are some nice pike wes. Maybe me and bob will come up your way to visit on an ice trip sometime this winter.

nate

Tony_S
12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Nice fish Pack!

Fish Cannon
12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
All I got to say is "Nice Fish"

Deano
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Great pics and thanks for sharing!!!

Deano

eric2381
12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Nice fish,

ULTRAlite
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
great fish. Nice to see the family out enjoying the outdoors. Thanks for sharing :)

Wes_G
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Refer back to the "FLAAAAAG" post as to why people blank out the backgrounds on there pics.

rugatika
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Some pretty nice pikes there Pack. Thanks for sharing.

Rug

albertadave
12-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Nice pics packhuntr, thanks for posting.

sirmike68
12-29-2008, 07:09 AM
When I see pics of these monsters coming up I wonder what size of bait are you using? I read an article a few years back saying the bigger the bait the bigger the jack and I seen a guy using a 10" smelt. All I can find are the little 4" ers. Is this the case because all I ever catch is 3-4 pounders max.

Hoser42
12-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I don't know what all the fuss is about. Most if not all pike lakes in Alberta have lots of fish that size. We call them hammer handles.

packhuntr
12-29-2008, 04:04 PM
I dont want to confront any of the hack comments, so I wont (much). Seems like a waste of precious time..... I like seeing pictures and stories of others successes on here, both myself and wife enjoy it alot. All we are trying to do is contribute to the board as much as we can. It isnt much, as we dont get to do what we like doing, nearly as much as we'd like to. If folks werent posting anything, shed be a pretty crappy site. Just enjoy whats posted like the rest of us. Thanks fellas! Catch some fish!

Walleyes
12-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey pack,,, I didn't mean to come across so rude but in all honesty it does get my goat when people are so reluctant to share a simple thing like what lake they were fishing on especially when they come on a public board with pics.. I mean come on really its not like anyone expects the exact local of your hole but a simple thing like what lake in order to get some people going in the right direction. In my books is just common courtesy to fellow outdoorsman... But hey each to his own.. And honestly I,m not thinking of myself here, I personally don't fish Pike.

And a lake with fish in it is hardly as secret as a favorite Elk hole or the secret spot of a giant Whitetail,, a lake is a lake if your not in the zone it really doesn't matter you could fish all day and not be on them so you could have a hundred people on the same piece of water it really has no effect on your day or success..

And you show me one southern reservoir (which is what you were fishing on) that is secret and off the beaten path,,, there just ain't no such thing..

But hey what the heck,, good catch and maybe I'll see you out there one day...

packhuntr
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey pack,,, I didn't mean to come across so rude but in all honesty it does get my goat when people are so reluctant to share a simple thing like what lake they were fishing on especially when they come on a public board with pics.. I mean come on really its not like anyone expects the exact local of your hole but a simple thing like what lake in order to get some people going in the right direction. In my books is just common courtesy to fellow outdoorsman... But hey each to his own.. And honestly I,m not thinking of myself here, I personally don't fish Pike.

And a lake with fish in it is hardly as secret as a favorite Elk hole or the secret spot of a giant Whitetail,, a lake is a lake if your not in the zone it really doesn't matter you could fish all day and not be on them so you could have a hundred people on the same piece of water it really has no effect on your day or success..

you shoAnd w me one southern reservoir (which is what you were fishing on) that is secret and off the beaten path,,, there just ain't no such thing..

I could show you abunch of fish bearing lakes that are "off the radar", and a select few know of them. Yes, beleive it or not, there is such a thing, and they are what they are because the fish they contain arent stacked up in various peoples freezers.

If you do run into me on the water, we will surely shoot the sh**, and guess what, if your a decent enough guy, and ive met afew, id be probuably the FIRST person youve ever met that will unload the whereabouts of a slammer deer. There are quite afew people that will ABSOLUTELY testify to that. There are however, deer that no-one, and I mean NO-ONE will pry info from me about. Its WAY too much work finding and figuring these things out, and you know that. Such is how afew of the fishin holes are. Im awfully sure youve got things that are for a very select few people's eyes as well.... Everyone does man.

Walleyes
12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Pack,, I truley hope we can meet someday a possibly share a cup of tea out on the ice,, till then keep your stick on the ice man...

walker197
12-29-2008, 08:49 PM
beuty fish man looks like a great time

Lethalconnection
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Fat jacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drano
12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Nice Fish ... Thanks for sharing, always nice to see those big ones.:wave:

whitetail Junkie
08-16-2009, 04:38 PM

And you show me one southern reservoir (which is what you were fishing on) that is secret and off the beaten path,,, there just ain't no such thing..

Yaa he's fishing at lake Newell just south of brooks,lots of spots there for big pike.

baitfisher83
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
looks like an awesome spot, i wanna get into the ice fishing this year, gotta find someone who's willing to go i guess