PDA

View Full Version : Another Pigeon Lake Report

Penner
12-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Fishing was pretty good. Landed 8 whites and a nice walleye. Lost a few more whites at the hole. 16" of ice with a few inches of snow. The ice scoop for refernce is 21" long. Very impressed with the size of whites in Pigeon. Good things happen for anglers when commerical fishing has been stopped in a lake. ;) Good times.

danewfy
12-28-2008, 11:17 AM
what part of the lake if you dont mind me asking?

Penner
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM
PM sent.

foxracing_23
12-28-2008, 05:08 PM
We were out at jo____something beach, and saw plenty with the camera but nothing was biting

Hooter
12-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Fishing was pretty good. Landed 8 whites and a nice walleye. Lost a few more whites at the hole. 16" of ice with a few inches of snow. The ice scoop for refernce is 21" long. Very impressed with the size of whites in Pigeon. Good things happen for anglers when commerical fishing has been stopped in a lake. ;) Good times.

A couple of those look like they're 4+ lbs. Very nice! A friend of mine went out last week at the Thorsby entrance but didn't see a single fish! Mind if I ask where you were fishing?

I posted my Gull report if you're interested.

Thanks in advance.

dogboy
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Iv never bin to Pigeon before
is it hard to get to?
do you need 4x4
and is it hard to know wher the closed area is if your not from around ther?

SNAPFisher
12-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Awesome and congrats man!!! Thanks for the great report. You faired better than us today. The whites taught us some humility.

I agree that those whites are becoming an all new quality. I have caught two personal bests for whites in the past two days and lost even bigger ones.

Cheers!

Bassett
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Of you don't mind me asking what where you using? Good job those are some nice whites! Where you at the ridge?

DoubleCam
12-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Iv never bin to Pigeon before
is it hard to get to?
do you need 4x4
and is it hard to know wher the closed area is if your not from around ther?

The lake is very easy to get to, dont need a 4x4 but will have to walk from shore. You can take HWY 39 West and then take the Thorsby turn off, head through Thorsby and straight south. You will come to Sundance Bay if I remember correctly... its many large flats that slowly drop off with a weed bed. You will be fishing in about 10 feet of water at best. You can go to the Provincial Park as well on the south side, drops a little quicker.
Google Thorsby in maps and you will find it just fine.

ukrmaf
12-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Also kinda curious what part of the lake, i used to fish this lake quite a bit in the past years but i found it really slowed down lately. Those are some dandies!!!!

Penner
12-29-2008, 01:20 AM
The northeast end of the lake seems to work for me best for whites. Access is pretty good right now as there is only 4" of snow on the lake. Snow has drifted in a little deeper along the shore in some spots. Lots of access to the lake on all sides.

Ice is 16" thick with plenty of guys driving on it but always use caution around pressure ridges and close to shore. Stay on the beaten paths.

italk2u
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
First post on this forum..another refugee from the AFF.
I still have my walleye tags for Pigeon and have never fished the lake.
I understand the provincial park is probably the best spot to fill the tags, any other suggestions?
Thanks so much for your help.