PDA

View Full Version : Would you impulse buy?

From The Hip
03-10-2015, 07:20 PM
If you were at a flea market or a gun/sportsman show and you saw quality fishing lures such as spinners and spoons that were brand new and priced between $2-$2.50 per lure would you impulse buy?

FTH

EZM
03-10-2015, 08:36 PM
If you were at a flea market or a gun/sportsman show and you saw quality fishing lures such as spinners and spoons that were brand new and priced between $2-$2.50 per lure would you impulse buy?

FTH

Of course I would ..... if they were lures I liked .... for sure .....

Every single time I'm at one of the fishing/outdoors stores I'm buying stuff I think I can't live without.

I have hundreds of crankbaits ...... I'm freaking sick like that. I have doubles of the ones I like. Here are a few trays that I keep on the boat for pike fishing. The big ones in the front are mail order from the Muskie Shop.

freddy27
03-10-2015, 08:42 PM
About 6 years ago I was at a garage sale and the guy was lure maker. I ended up buying over 100 lures and about 150 jig tails for $50. I stilt use these to this day.

ETOWNCANUCK
03-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Show me a sportsman that doesn't impulse buy when they see something shiny they like

Bushmaster
03-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Someone made a post about the Smartfish lure....wonder how many sales that triggered? I was one of them.....

skidderman
03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
You can already do it on ebay. Less than 4 bucks delivered for 6 or 8 plugs and they look every bit as good as those sold in the store. Have a friend that bought maybe 50 or more and cheap as can be.

cranky
03-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Im probably unusual but no i wouldnt unless it was stuff i use already. Ive long since quit buying stuff otherwise.

I have a minimal list of stuff i use and i stick to it. I backpack in to a lot of spots and im getting on in years so i like to limit what i take along for space and weight's sake.

skidderman
03-11-2015, 01:13 AM
Of all the hooks I have I bet I don't use more than 5% of them. Kind of crazy isn't it.

cube
03-11-2015, 08:49 AM

FTH

In answer to your question, yes I would if it was something I was looking for or something I already find works.

My big problem is that I don't have enough fishing time to use the ones I have now.

BlackHeart
03-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Of all the hooks I have I bet I don't use more than 5% of them. Kind of crazy isn't it.

Yesssss......but you have them with you.....if the regulars start to fail that day....
Or if the guy beside you starts slaying on a lure that's diffferent than your regular....

Buying fishing hooks/Lures is like the boy scout motto "Be Prepared".

Kim473
03-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Show me a sportsman that doesn't impulse buy when they see something shiny they like

Just like a racoon, if it's shiny, gotta take it home.

Okotokian
03-11-2015, 02:16 PM

FTH

Well, I don't think fishing lures are a purchase anyone mulls over a lot, checks their bank account over or asks their wife. ;) So I guess they would be an impulse buy. A sportsman's show would be an ideal place to set up a table. I usually come home with a pocket full of flies or lures when I attend such a show.

Jamie Black R/T
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
very rarely can i walk past a clearance bin without finding something i could "use" :)

Have several dozen lures in the garage still in package im not sure why i bought...but one day they will get wet

JohninAB
03-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Impulse buy for sure. If it is shiny and a crankbait it usually comes home with me.

I have 3 or 4 of some lures because I cannot remember if I own one already and no way I am taking a chance of not owning it when I am in the store. Try to combat that by taking pictures of my tackle trays every so often and keep them on my phone for reference.

fluxcore
03-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Saterday walk after breakfast through a boat lot to kill some time ended up in a brand new lund boat with all the extras at a price I couldn't walk away from, then off to cam Clark ford for a brand new f150 to tow it with :0 wifey lost her $h!T.................glad I have a stable job at the moment.

Okotokian
03-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Saterday walk after breakfast through a boat lot to kill some time ended up in a brand new lund boat with all the extras at a price I couldn't walk away from, then off to cam Clark ford for a brand new f150 to tow it with :0 wifey lost her $h!T.................glad I have a stable job at the moment.

So you dropped $80,000 on an impulse and without asking wifey? Wow. LOL :happy0034: And about that "stable job".... Hope so! :)

Hydro1
03-11-2015, 05:13 PM
So you dropped $80,000 on an impulse and without asking wifey? Wow. LOL :happy0034: And about that "stable job".... Hope so! :)

My misses would have my ass. :scared0018:

OP, imo your not a fisherman if you dont" impulse buy" lures. I dont fish as often as i would like and i have a collection of a couple hundred, lots of them are probably doubles.

barbless
03-11-2015, 05:26 PM
I still have lures I haven't washed from 2 yrs. ago. But that won't stop me from buying even more of the shiny things that catch this old crows eyes. Gonna need a third tackle trunk pretty soon.

fluxcore
03-11-2015, 06:28 PM

Tell me about it, the "stability / job" with the oilfield downturn discussion has come up with the wifey more then I care to talk about, not sure if I would have made the same impulse buys. Just have to ride it out like the last one then get em paid off. Not to concerned yet, sticking to a budjet and have a some what of safety net in place should I need it. Were good for a year or so at my company after that who knows.

SCHOOCH
03-11-2015, 07:50 PM
My impulse buy was a new boat, which in turn cost me a new diamond ring for my wife.........for some reason i can't leave a fishing/hunting store without dropping at least $100 really on stuff that i don't really need anymore....but need and want is two different things i figure.

Adwittoutdoors
03-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Impulse buying ..........lol. I'm getting better when I go "just for bait" and $40 later. 😔 I thought it was a good idea to up size my tackle box. :thinking-006: the darn thing is now way to heavy to carry. But but but I may need "every hook" to catch a fish :sHa_sarcasticlol: oh well :-)

ontario gunner
03-12-2015, 06:59 AM
I'm really bad for buying worm harness blades.. I go on to some custom painter websites and buy $100 worth without batting an eye. This past Christmas the ole lady bought me an air brush, some paints and 500 bulk spinner blades.. I'm good for a little while! Lol

Wild&Free
03-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I've stopped going to stores that sell tackle unless I'm all out of my staples. I dont even look towards the fishing section when i go to CT...

so far, $200 in new gear I probably won't use...

Hi, I'm Wild&Free and I'm an addict.

Talking moose
03-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Yes.

the pilot cock
03-12-2015, 06:57 PM
what with the fact that the question is under the fishing discussions section, you had me at "impulse buy".... Kinda how I wound up with multiple sonars, cameras, ice fishing tents..........

Dacotensis
03-12-2015, 11:49 PM
A friend of mine is up to four sonars..
Tackle stores are a monthly stop for him.

He's chronic.
No question he needs an intervention.

I'm good for awhile.
I would pass on the $2 lures at the flea market.
This time.

Stryker2
03-13-2015, 07:30 AM

XXXX2 WOW! If I was Mrs. Fluxcore I'd have your head on the fish cleaning block!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

bobalong
03-13-2015, 11:07 PM
I still enjoy looking in fishing shops but I stopped buying many lures quite a few years ago, for the reason that a few have stated already..........I just never use them. I worked in fishing retail for about 10 years and accumulated quite a bit of "stuff" and still have lures I have hardly every used.

I still use a few for ice fishing, but 95% of my fishing is with rigs. I have bought and tried almost every kind of bead, blade and "new" spinner rig product out there. I now have a few preferred styles I like and have been successful with, so pretty well stick with them......but never stop looking for the next best new thing out there:sHa_shakeshout:

MercMike
03-16-2015, 11:55 PM
im just like a pike.................. if it shines right or i like the colour ....... i snap it up without a second thought ha ha ha