PDA

View Full Version : Badger

WayneChristie
03-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Im hearing that there is a truck stuck in the ice. Time to start walking out people!

JohninAB
03-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Stopped by a few ice access points at Wabamun yesterday afternoon. Definitely walk or quadding on this weekend.

barbless
03-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Really not sure why some people don't get the fact with warm weather comes thinner ice, especially around shore lines. There are usually enough warnings in these threads about ice conditions. Take your time and go for a walk and drill some measuring holes. (I'm sure most have power augers). Maybe the ones going through the ice do not read these threads!!! Guess we're missing some members........

SCHOOCH
03-11-2015, 07:45 PM
People will never learn, actually surprised WC hasn't sunk his POS to make a new walleye location for us yet:scared0018:

WayneChristie
03-11-2015, 07:55 PM
People will never learn, actually surprised WC hasn't sunk his POS to make a new walleye location for us yet:scared0018:

already got more spots than I can fish with only 4 days a week to do it! :sHa_shakeshout:

SCHOOCH
03-11-2015, 07:58 PM
already got more spots than I can fish with only 4 days a week to do it! :sHa_shakeshout:

Ya but on the ice its too obvious where you are, spring is coming buddy and 1 of us must be due for a sturgeon.....just saying

anthony5
03-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Pretty sure a lot of people don't understand warm weather ice, 10 plus degrees temps these past few days and no water sitting on top means the ice is rotting or is rotten(honeycombed). The melt water is going from top to bottom not good. This type of ice is tough to judge for the inexperienced. Rotting ice may only be half the strength of good ice and rotten ice although 16" thick may not hold the weight of a grown man or woman. It is nice to icefish in these temperatures but also dangerous just remind your buddies if they are going ice fishing.

SKSniper
03-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Stopped by a few ice access points at Wabamun yesterday afternoon. Definitely walk or quadding on this weekend.

Why would you want to fish a lake that is DEAD and has no fish in it? :confused:

lovich12
03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Why would you want to fish a lake that is DEAD and has no fish in it? :confused:

The OP was talking about ice conditions. Not "dead" lakes. :snapoutofit:

I wouldn't recommend walking on Travers either. Stopped by the other day (at the park) and she didn't look real healthy. Made it out 3 feet from shore and ice was cracking on me. And not in a good way. Thanks for the heads up Wayne. Was hoping to make it out there this weekend.