PDA

View Full Version : snipe lake perch/burbot

master-angler
03-11-2015, 11:58 AM
So I regularly fish this lake and have had a ton of luck with whites big walleye and big Jack's this year. I can't seem to find the perch like I did last year. We were easily catching our limit in a hr or two last year and this year I'm fighting to put two or three on the ice in a day. Anyone else having better luck for perch out there??

On another note I've been hearing bout people catching piles of ling/burbot this season. I'm heading out again this weekend Friday through Sunday and was wondering were there catching all them ugly fish at. Caught one a few weeks back that was 34 inches and 14lbs but would like to get into a few more..

Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Dale

fwmmeister
03-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi master angler,
Just sent you a private message, have a good spot for perch.... Hope to get some hints for whites....!?

Andrew

outdoors forever
03-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Hi master angler,
Just sent you a private message, have a good spot for perch.... Hope to get some hints for whites....!?

Andrew

Hey, care to share a tip or two with another guy after perch? I'd love to get into another pile of perch before the season is over. I still can't figure the lake out either.

If your willing, there could be a good deal on an ice cabin rental next season......

:happy0034:

fwmmeister
03-21-2015, 08:44 PM
We're talking about the SNIPE lake perch.... Give me a PM....

outdoors forever
03-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Yeah I am aware. If you look through some of my threads you will see a couple posts on fishing perch at Snipe, I got into a few this past month but honestly I feel like I just lucked into them. I really don't know where to look.

a little redneck
03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
I caught some burbot, an ugly but very tasty fish.

GummyMonster
03-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Are you guys catching lots of Burbot? Why I ask is I asked a few years ago and was told by a few people the lake had no burbot.Are you catching any bigger ones?
Thanks' in advance
Ken

outdoors forever
03-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Are you guys catching lots of Burbot? Why I ask is I asked a few years ago and was told by a few people the lake had no burbot.Are you catching any bigger ones?
Thanks' in advance
Ken

I have never caught a burbot on Snipe, but in talking to guys out there on the ice this winter they say there is lots in the lake. I heard from two different people that an 18 lb burb came out of there this winter. Not saying it actually happened, just what I heard....

:confused0024:

master-angler
03-26-2015, 06:38 PM
I got 47 perch a bunch of Jack's and a five or so nice walleye the weekend before last weekend but no ling at all. Went our this past weekend slayed the perch and Jack's again with limits both days and a few huge pike and two keeper walleye. Tried to find ling all nights and lost two in the hole. One was twelve to fifteen lbs other was maybe five... Ice out there right now is **** east side of Lake have six foot ice heaves in places so we stayed well clear of that and fished else where..

Drewski Canuck
03-27-2015, 11:48 AM
With 47 perch you should have been able to edit out the small ones for a reasonable feed. Numbers is what perch fishing is about, as that is the way to the big ones.

Drewski

master-angler
03-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Ya we kept our limit two days In a row for perch.. We don't keep anything under ten inches

maximusII
03-30-2015, 04:19 PM
How is the ice?

SteveY66
03-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Can anyone report how ice is and best place to access?

Trying tomorrow morning bright and early for last day