PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Reservoir info?

Lethbridge_1
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Headed to Jensen in the morning to try for Whitefish. Anybody have any luck there? Any tips are appreciated. Will post results when I get back. Thanks.

elkhunter1234
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
we were out today at the canal below the dam.... the walleye fishing was a bit slow, with only three caoght and none were keepers but the white fish fishing was great, every one we caught was over 4 lbs, with the best one at over 6 lbs..... we were useing a white wire worm tipped with a magget... good luck tomorrow..

Jim

loetv
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
we were out today .white fish fishing .with my body good caoght :wave:

Lethbridge_1
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the quick reply...I've heard the whitefish can be big from Jensen. I haven't tried winter whitefish fishing for probably over 10 years, the last lake whitefish I caught were from Pigeon lake and I remember I was sight fishing them in probably 4 feet of water over a sandy/weedy flat. I'll let you know how I do.

Winch101
12-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey Elk ... does that lake freeze good around that canal that comes in

at the north west corner ... We summer fished there and caught 40 walleyes not one keeper ....The flow must be severally reduced in winter...

Lethbridge_1
12-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Made it out to Jensen this morning after 4x4'ing through massive drifts with the trusty Nissan. Only about 6" of snow on the ice, and the ice was at least 10" thick. I landed 1 whitefish ~18" long, missed a few more since I forgot how lightly they bite, and caught a walleye with my tiny whitefish lure that was just shy of legal size so back it went. After about 1.5 hours, the wind picked up so I left and fished another lake for rainbows where I landed a beautiful 3lb trout...it was a good day overall. Thanks for the whitefish tips, very much appreciated and I will be headed back to Jensen on Wednesday morning if it isn't too windy. Just a heads up, the drifts on the roads are BAD as you get close to the reservoir and you'll need a good vehicle with clearance.

elkhunter1234
12-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey Elk ... does that lake freeze good around that canal that comes in

at the north west corner ... We summer fished there and caught 40 walleyes not one keeper ....The flow must be severally reduced in winter...

Hi Winch.... Ya the ice gets good and thick there... I only fish Jensens a few time each winter just becouse it is so close to home, I spend most of mt time at St marys or Ridge or at thr trout lakes out west... PM me if you ever make it down, maybe we can hook up for a day of walleye fishing....

Jim

loetv
12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi lethbridge 1
We out Wednesday morning too . hope road good .can you me lake for rainbows . thank you :)

Lethbridge_1
12-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Everyone likes pictures, so here are pictures from the day.

loetv....pm sent

munyee4321
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Heading to Jensens tomrrow morning.. Anyone been out there latley?> this is my first time going there so im wondering what the road conditions are drifts and what not?

DustDee
01-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey Lethbridge,

You forgot to mention the muskrats!

Dusty