PDA

View Full Version : Driedmeat Lake

natedawg
03-12-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm going to be heading here the last week of the season and was wondering what the water clarity is like? Is it camera friendly? I'm new to this area. Thanks in advance.

PS: Feel free to PM me with any hotspots as this is the first and most likely last time I will ever fish here.

Thanks!

Skoaltender
03-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Never used a camera there but it's near impossible to see bottom in 5+ FOW at Tillicum beach.
Tillicum beach is usually a safe play if you are looking for some jack. If you stick close to where all the shacks are you should do fine. Good luck, I'll be out there sat. Look for the guy in the red fx4 not catching any fish.

natedawg
03-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks very much for the info. I am planning on being there the 24th. Look forward to fishing some new water.

Talking moose
03-12-2015, 09:08 PM
You might be casting from shore with the forecasted temps for next week..... Don't count on ice fishing.

l.c.mitchell
11-21-2019, 08:19 PM
sorry to hijack this thread - here's a video i made of a ice fishing trip to driedmeat in 2019
https://youtu.be/ZI_jBsjsYMI
we had a great day check it out

kevinhits
11-23-2019, 03:54 PM
sorry to hijack this thread - here's a video i made of a ice fishing trip to driedmeat in 2019
https://youtu.be/ZI_jBsjsYMI
we had a great day check it out

Gotta get rid of the y bones before throwing on the grill....LOL

Get rid of that pike skin instead of scaling...Nasty:scared0018:

Nice video guys...

Okotok
11-23-2019, 07:19 PM

Nice video guys...

I disagree. Scale the pike and do the crispy skin fry! Skin down with a little flour salt and pepper. Hot fry until the white moves up about 3/4 of the way through the meat, then flip for 30 seconds or so. Gordon Ramsey approves and more importantly, so do I!

kevinhits
11-24-2019, 01:48 PM
I disagree. Scale the pike and do the crispy skin fry! Skin down with a little flour salt and pepper. Hot fry until the white moves up about 3/4 of the way through the meat, then flip for 30 seconds or so. Gordon Ramsey approves and more importantly, so do I!

Unforteneately, I only like trout skin...LOL

l.c.mitchell
11-25-2019, 09:48 AM

Nice video guys...

Haha just keeping it greasy thanks for watching