PDA

View Full Version : Ice in the brooks area

slough shark
03-12-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm planning on going out fishing this weekend out by brooks. Does anyone know what the ice is like out there? I suspect I wont be able to drive the truck out but quad or walking

WayneChristie
03-12-2015, 11:34 PM
you wont be driving on, lots of crappy ice along the shores on Newell, saw a side by side and a couple quads out today but also saw some spots with open water. with the wind and the heat there isnt a lot of good ice left. Id be walking and also being very careful. fished one lake today and got too nervous after the wind started blasting and the shore started melting out so I left.

TROLLER
03-13-2015, 08:47 AM
I think it's time in the southern part of the province at least to put the ice rods away for the year.

If Wayne is getting off the ice that should tell you all you need to know.

Be careful

pinelakeperch
03-13-2015, 11:49 AM
you wont be driving on, lots of crappy ice along the shores on Newell, saw a side by side and a couple quads out today but also saw some spots with open water. with the wind and the heat there isnt a lot of good ice left. Id be walking and also being very careful. fished one lake today and got too nervous after the wind started blasting and the shore started melting out so I left.

What's the SSR like near Rolling Hills?

WayneChristie
03-13-2015, 12:39 PM
What's the SSR like near Rolling Hills?

thats the Bow and shes frozen harder than my ex wifes heart as of yesterday:scared0018:

pinelakeperch
03-17-2015, 01:07 PM
thats the Bow and shes frozen harder than my ex wifes heart as of yesterday:scared0018:

Interesting, I always thought it was the SSR! Make sure to let me know when she thaws!

creighton
03-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Hello! Can anyone tell me about Badger lake ice conditions? Can you still walk on?
Thanks!

calgarygringo
03-17-2015, 01:26 PM
May want to try reading the regs before heading anywhere in the south as things are mostly closed. :thinking-006:Unless you can walk on water most lakes in the south are open already.:sHa_shakeshout:

Hello! Can anyone tell me about Badger lake ice conditions? Can you still walk on?
Thanks!

creighton
03-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Thanks CalgaryGringo your right everything is closed! :eek:

calgarygringo
03-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Check the other thread about when water opens if you are into some fishing. There are still a few places that you can wet a line.

Thanks CalgaryGringo your right everything is closed! :eek:

pinelakeperch
03-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Anyone know if Crawling is open?

calgarygringo
03-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Closed

Anyone know if Crawling is open?