PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trip up North.

Stryker2
03-13-2015, 08:02 AM
I fished up north for 3 days. The first day it rained all pm I mean downpour at times it was kind of eery sitting in a fishing tent! LOL! Beautiful the next 2 days and the perching was fantastic. Got my limit within 2 hours. Nothing to large but still a lot of fun. I met a 78 yrs old woman on the ice, she had spikes on her boots and a cane with spikes! What a fantastic lady, couldn't use the auger anymore but she would drive around searching for crusted over holes and brake off the ice. I thought if only I can still be alive, never mind fishing at 78!!!

Fishslayer99
03-13-2015, 11:12 AM
I fished up north for 3 days. The first day it rained all pm I mean downpour at times it was kind of eery sitting in a fishing tent! LOL! Beautiful the next 2 days and the perching was fantastic. Got my limit within 2 hours. Nothing to large but still a lot of fun. I met a 78 yrs old woman on the ice, she had spikes on her boots and a cane with spikes! What a fantastic lady, couldn't use the auger anymore but she would drive around searching for crusted over holes and brake off the ice. I thought if only I can still be alive, never mind fishing at 78!!!

Good haul on the Perch! I got rained on at gull lake around new years, I know what you mean!
Glad the weather co-operated for you the last 2 days...some good perch feeds on the way!

Bobby B.
03-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Congrats on a great fishing adventure. Being out for 3 days at a time certainly enfluences the 'atmosphere' of the outing. Instead of simply 'getting away', it's more like 'being there'.

Bobby

Stryker2
03-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Congrats on a great fishing adventure. Being out for 3 days at a time certainly enfluences the 'atmosphere' of the outing. Instead of simply 'getting away', it's more like 'being there'.

Bobby

Hi Bobby! Nice to hear from you! Yes was a great trip. I'm going back on Sunday for a few more days. Hopefully there will be ice left to stand on! :)

Mayhem
03-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Hi Bobby! Nice to hear from you! Yes was a great trip. I'm going back on Sunday for a few more days. Hopefully there will be ice left to stand on! :)

Nice perch. I find one of the best ways to enhance the experince is to cook some fish on the ice.

I was out a little ways north today and was the only one on the lake until around lunch time. Very relaxing. Ice was still in pretty good shape but when it starts to rot it can deteriorate quickly.

Stryker2
03-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Nice perch. I find one of the best ways to enhance the experince is to cook some fish on the ice.

I was out a little ways north today and was the only one on the lake until around lunch time. Very relaxing. Ice was still in pretty good shape but when it starts to rot it can deteriorate quickly.

I know what you mean about being the only one on ice. All 3 days I was out there during the week, that old lady and myself were the only 2 on ice, it was nice and peaceful! I hate fishing where there is hordes of people!:thinking-006: