PDA

View Full Version : Burntstick Lake ice conditions

fishdude17
03-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Anyone have recent ice condition updates? Last I was up there was the Family Day week in February. Looking to take the kids out one last time to have some perch fishing fun...

Any info is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

pope
03-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Was fine last weekend, people still driving on. Was 2 ft of good ice. Was some deeper wet slush in places along shore. Not sure how things have changed over the week.

fishdude17
03-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the update pope! Headed up on Sunday, hopefully the ice is still good...

go-big-or-go-home
03-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Bump

Any more info on the lake from last couple days? Hoping to head out there tomorrow for 1 last go.

Thanks

fishdude17
03-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Was there last Sunday, ice was 20" thick with the top 2" being white/rotten in most places Idrilled. Other spots up to 8" of white/rotten ice. This was along the west shoreline. There were a bunch of people driving on still...personally I wouldnt, there was a spot I passed where there must be an underground spring or something, a 2' x2' open hhole with constant bubbles coming to the surface. Ice was super thin around it too.

I am heading out for one last time too tomorrow. Stay safe out there.

go-big-or-go-home
03-21-2015, 05:06 PM
Right on thanks man. Ill probley walk on on the east side and head to my go to spot. Good luck out there, mabey see ya out there