PDA

View Full Version : Lac ste Anne ice

Game Hunter
03-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Just wondering how the ice is out that way? I'm planning this Sunday afternoon to go get our walleye tags filled,
Anyone driving on?

Red Bullets
03-13-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm just guessing it will be the first 20 feet of ice that will be the challenge in these temps. Take your rubber boots and a truck snorkel for sure.:) Good luck.

You might want to hook up a motor like this one to your tobbogan to get out there. Sit in your tobbogan :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrG13DAGA3s&t=59

Try calling the store at Lac St. Anne and ask about the ice. Or Stony Plain F&W.

Game Hunter
03-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm just guessing it will be the first 20 feet of ice that will be the challenge in these temps. Take your rubber boots and a truck snorkel for sure.:) Good luck.

You might want to hook up a motor like this one to your tobbogan to get out there. Sit in your tobbogan :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrG13DAGA3s&t=59

Try calling the store at Lac St. Anne and ask about the ice. Or Stony Plain F&W.

Haha your a funny guy red :) I guess you will be out there right in front of me showing the way. Maybe I should bring a extension ladder..
Adwittoutdoors says he is Allover that,

Game Hunter
03-13-2015, 09:02 PM
But seriously anyone get out there?
I'm ready to swim

jvkilz
03-14-2015, 05:28 PM
was there last 2 days. i would walk or quad it, 2 vehicles driving around this morning.

Game Hunter
03-15-2015, 12:38 AM
was there last 2 days. i would walk or quad it, 2 vehicles driving around this morning.

Thank you for the heads up. I am heading there tomorrow around lunch time. We will be more than likely walking on the lake. Kinda ran short on time to fill our tags.

gloszz
03-16-2015, 06:49 PM
I went out today and people were driving on with trucks and one "semi" haha.

Game Hunter
03-16-2015, 09:02 PM
We went Sunday afternoon and landed 16 walleye 80% were keepable for class b tags (43-50) they averaged 46-49 to fill our limit. Now the freezers full ;)
Found one walleye with weird growths on its skin and bleeding. Any one have a idea on what it's called or wrong with this fish?

cube
03-16-2015, 11:23 PM
We went Sunday afternoon and landed 16 walleye 80% were keepable for class b tags (43-50) they averaged 46-49 to fill our limit. Now the freezers full ;)
Found one walleye with weird growths on its skin and bleeding. Any one have a idea on what it's called or wrong with this fish?

fairly common on walleye

Red Bullets
03-17-2015, 01:49 AM

If the cysts are just within the skin is one thing but if they goes into the meat it could be more.

Good for reference...

http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/fisheries/parasites

cube
03-17-2015, 08:39 AM
If the cysts are just within the skin is one thing but if they goes into the meat it could be more.

Good for reference...

http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/fisheries/parasites

Great reference thanks. I do really like the USA seagrant program.

Pretty sure those lesions are classic viral induced tumors that walleye commonly get and are of no consequence to humans.

Game Hunter
03-17-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the info red. I've seen some minor marks on fish before, this was pretty bad and bleeding quite abit.
Could be some sort of tumor, one of my deer had a tumor in the neck full of fliuid this year. Seems not so much out of the ordinary anymore. Makes a guy think.

Red Bullets
03-17-2015, 01:21 PM
The tumour on your deers neck was probably caused by either fighting and getting poked by an antler or from running in the woods at night and getting stabbed by a branch. I got a pic of a deer on the trailcam that looked like it has a brahma bull neck.
As far as the fish goes, if there are cysts or nodules in the flesh it could be tapeworm or other things of concern to human consumption.

Even be careful handling such fish with lesions and external bleeding. You never know if something is transferable to human hosts.:sick::eek:

muzzy
03-19-2015, 12:24 PM
six vehicles on lake yesterday 18th lots of ice still