PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake, North Chain Lake Report

Drewski Canuck
12-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Started out on Saturday early AM at North Chain by Atha B. Drove on, about 16 inches of snow. Fishing was Dead. Lots of guys out, few trout, saw none on the camera, even in 25 feet of water. - 23 C. Fueled up at Atha B. - 13 C. Headed to Calling, at the Lake lot, MD had plowed in the gate and I could not get the tractor started. Put the tractor on the charger and plugged it in and unloaded the new project sled. Low and behold a neighbor comes down the road with one of the biggest John Deer Tree farmers I have ever seen. He cleared the snow into the lot, and then some. Did some sledding and after getting back the tractor started and cleared up to the garage. Headed onto the lake at 3:00. Ice was easy 14 + at the Tower. Lots of people started showing up right to sun down. We left at dusk with no hits though did see 4 on the camera. Everyone else stayed. Apparently fishing well after dark. A Very drunk guy with his wife pulled up and said last weekend was great. Others said it was slow on Saturday AM. No flood ice at the Tower though. Temp dropped to - 22 C. by Atha B it was - 13 C. By Morinville it was - 6 C.

Not a great day, but I should have stuck to my usual spots instead of being lured by the crowds.

Drewski