PDA

View Full Version : Polar Kraft Boats

Wes_G
03-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Any thoughts on Polar Kraft boats. Experiences good and bad. Just found exactly what I was looking for, but haven't heard much about them.

EZM
03-14-2015, 08:08 PM
I looked a Polar Kraft up close. The quality is outstanding. You don't see too many around (they are priced higher than a lund) but they have every bit of quality you would expect in a premium boat.

I looked at things like the transom, hull design (reverse chines), s/s compartment hinges, cleats, grade of carpet/vinyl, quality of live wells, rod tubes, gunwale construction (for mounting rails/rod holders/down riggers), wiring harness, and of course the layout.

You can also choose Mercury, Honda, Evinrude, Suzuki, and other motors.

The fact that the boat is rated for a 225 hp engine (the 18'-10" Kodiak) indicates the construction and transom are bullet proof.

Great boats. Premium for sure.

Pull the trigger and don't look back ... I would be confident with that boat.

Wes_G
03-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks!!

The fact that you can choose a different motor than the run of the mill merc. is one of the reasons I am looking at them. Doesn't seem like any dealers want to swap the merc off that to come on pretty much every brand of boat now. I am sure all kinds of people have great things to say about them, but after working at a fishing lodge for 4 years and the number of problems that we had with them, I am not a huge fan.

Anyone else have any experience?

pointer
03-15-2015, 02:49 PM
I had a smaller jon boat built by polar kraft that thing was great very well built. I would think their bigger boats are built the same way