PDA

View Full Version : Nsr early spring?

CanuckAngler11
03-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Has anybody fished the river this early in the spring and caught anything ? I noticed that its almost completely open in fort sask and wasn't sure if anybody fishes it this early?

SKSniper
03-16-2015, 07:10 AM
I tried the Whitemud creek a few days ago but so many little chunks of ice floating down was a major pain in the arse. I imagine the main channel would be the same.
If you do go please let us know how it is.

blgoodbrand1
03-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Talk to BGSH. He'll know what's up

waterninja
03-16-2015, 08:56 AM
You can fish the NSR all year right here in Edm, though your eyes (on rod) will freeze up if temp. below 0. In places floating ice will cause lots of aggravation, but in other spots fishing is great. Pretty sure south and east banks open from Edm. to past Ft. Sask. by now.
Just be carefull on the banks as it can be very muddy and slippery. Might head out this afternoon for a couple hours.

Red Bullets
03-16-2015, 10:49 AM
burbot, rocky mtn. whites and suckers will be there this time of year. Male walleye towards the end of April.

cube
03-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Has anybody fished the river this early in the spring and caught anything ? I noticed that its almost completely open in fort sask and wasn't sure if anybody fishes it this early?

Spring fishing is usually very good. Read the regs carefully though.

Good luck to you

BGSH
03-16-2015, 12:54 PM
NSR is good to go 365 days a year at curtain spots. A lot of outfalls are open all year long and can be fished from shore all year long. Don't actually ever go on the ice with an auger and start drilling. This time of year you will get more numbers with a Parkers right on bottom or works. What ever works for you. Jigs will also work great but more for pike this time of year with the odd walleye and even a bunch of burbot this time of year on jigs. Be safe have fun make memories. Some of my biggest walleye has been caught later this month well big ice chunks are flowing