PDA

View Full Version : Pinehurst ice

Kim473
03-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Can you still drive / get on the ice there? Im sure the ice is good but thinking about the first 50 feet or so.

pikeslayer22
03-16-2015, 10:01 AM
when i was up last weekend it was good...the boat launch usally goes out first but there were a ton of guys coming in from Siebert and fishing the back end

Jamie Black R/T
03-16-2015, 11:46 AM
I saw a pic on facebook from a buddy fishing the area and dropped his quad through near shore...said 25 inches of ice everywhere but found a bad spot.

Id still go but fish with a friend and be careful watch for dark ice.

trampywinter
03-16-2015, 02:49 PM
We were there on saterday. I've condition was still good we drove right across the lake to the island. When we left the boat launch was getting chewed up alittle but was still good.

Kim473
03-17-2015, 04:18 AM
Thanks everyone !

Kim473
03-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Was at a few lakes north, Pinehurst was one of them. Fishing was very slow. Ice on the three lakes we hit was very good, 2 ft solid ice. Access to the ice is getting sketchy though. Pinehurst was still good but a week of warm weather may turn that into a no-go. Next to no snow on the ice, all melted. Hard to drill a hole in some places as it was str8 ice and the auger wanted to spin you around. That was the last trip for me this season. Can see some places that the ice was just starting to soften a little. Not the typical dry/frozen ice chips coming off the auger blades but moist sticky chips. Again, just starting. Wont be long and summer will be here. Yahoo ! :sHa_shakeshout:

Ice will be good till the end of the month but getting on / off it , may be a differant story.

Saw 3 Bald eagles at Pinehurst. 2 looked like they may be mating this year as they were eating something on the ice together and a nest was very close by. Nice to see. Beautyfull bird ! Sorry no pics, we were less than 100 ft away and they just sat there watching us. Probably hoping for a free hand out.