PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon

Esox
03-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Hows the access on pigeon yet? Trucks getting on? have some tags to fill yet.

spoons
03-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Not far to walk if needed. Thats my plan next week at Mulhurst. Heard today the PP access is really messed up

Penner
03-18-2015, 10:26 AM
I was out on Monday. A little rutted at the shoreline but little issue getting on with a pick-up. Ice is starting to "Candle" a little so I'd take extreme caution if deciding to drive out with a vehicle from this point forward. Should be fine for ATV's or walking for a few more weeks. Fishing was pretty good. Didn't get out till just after 4pm. Landed 2 pike and a dozen Walleye including a 53cm and a 58cm to fill my tags. Was off the ice before sun down just when the bite was picking up. Fabulous weather. Love fishing at this time of year.

fish99
03-18-2015, 10:46 AM
I was out on Monday. A little rutted at the shoreline but little issue getting on with a pick-up. Ice is starting to "Candle" a little so I'd take extreme caution if deciding to drive out with a vehicle from this point forward. Should be fine for ATV's or walking for a few more weeks. Fishing was pretty good. Didn't get out till just after 4pm. Landed 2 pike and a dozen Walleye including a 53cm and a 58cm to fill my tags. Was off the ice before sun down just when the bite was picking up. Fabulous weather. Love fishing at this time of year.

were you at the pp . was thinking of going to Grandview , any info on access would be nice. thanks.

Brandonkop
03-18-2015, 08:20 PM
were you at the pp . was thinking of going to Grandview , any info on access would be nice. thanks.

I'm not sure what it is called where we went on but might be Grandview. A launch through the cabins. The cement blocks aRe messed up from the ice heaves but you can drive around them with a 4x4 and onto the ice.

PlayDoh
03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
That sounds like where we got on the ice there 3-4 weeks ago. Think it's called Golden Days. Was at the end of Range Road 13. North east end. We fished near a bright yellow shack. Concrete chunk made it kinda tricky to get on the ice.

JohnnyD
03-19-2015, 07:39 AM
I was down to Pigeon on wednesday. Didnt access the lake as I was dropping the snow machine off at the cottage. South shore is looking pretty busted up. I personally, would be nervous to venture over the crack in a vehicle. If you can get over the shoreline crack there should be plenty of ice left. No snow on the lake bring your atv.

A good spot over looked by many in right infront of the PP warf at the boat launch. Should be about 6 FOW and your looking for 7-8' dips from peoples prop wash. I find the walleyes love hiding in these suttle pockets. Especially with the burbot spawn going on.

Brandonkop
03-19-2015, 08:15 AM
My uncle sent me this picture from yesterday. So the ice is starting to melt pretty fast. If you don't get some cold nights its going to get tough to get on soon. Cause when I was there on Friday this was all solid and this is from Wednesday.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Brandonkop3/Canadian%20Fun/IMG_0235.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Brandonkop3/media/Canadian%20Fun/IMG_0235.jpg.html)

Hope that helps.

jeffrey929
03-20-2015, 04:48 AM
Is it worth attempting to walk out at the PP tomorrow, or should we try somewhere else?

Warren77
03-20-2015, 04:49 PM
My buddys dad went through the ice at pigeon last week and he was on his sled. It was by the shore but still went completely through

Adwittoutdoors
03-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Anyone catching the whites out around Mission Beach area or Rundle Mission by chance ? I'm not looking for honey holes I just would like to know where to try to chase some whites is all or should I go to another lake.
Thanks in advanced. :-)

PlayDoh
03-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Any more updates on the ice would be awesome. I'm thinking I heading up there by the weekend. Hoping it will be safe for the quad.

Adwittoutdoors
03-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Are white fish as elusive and secretive as perch now ? Come on people anyone know of ice conditions and " white fish reports " at all ? The help is appreciated.

spoons
03-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Are white fish as elusive and secretive as perch now ? Come on people anyone know of ice conditions and " white fish reports " at all ? The help is appreciated.
Was out saturday at Granview. There is a entrance at the playground and it was no problem. The truck path went to the right and then out to the 9 foot area. Was no floodwater but that was before the storm. Fishing was ok and maybe 6 trucks out there. Myself i have never seen a whitefish at pigeon. Dont really target them.
fish cops checked us twice. Fun day. :) Be careful this time of year.

Adwittoutdoors
03-24-2015, 12:56 AM
Thanks for responding Spoons. Good karma coming your way. 👍😃

fish99
03-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Was out saturday at Granview. There is a entrance at the playground and it was no problem. The truck path went to the right and then out to the 9 foot area. Was no floodwater but that was before the storm. Fishing was ok and maybe 6 trucks out there. Myself i have never seen a whitefish at pigeon. Dont really target them.
fish cops checked us twice. Fun day. :) Be careful this time of year.

did you drive on a cross the heave what kind of fish??/ ling?

Drewski Canuck
03-25-2015, 01:04 AM
For the whites, go to the middle, cut lots of holes and move around. Jig with a small gold kastmaster right off the bottom. Wetaskiwin Wizards are too light to fish well in the deep, but if you are patient, they work well. You have to bounce off bottom though.

If no hit in 10 minutes, move. Barbed hooks are an advantage due to the depth.

Drewski

spoons
03-25-2015, 05:11 AM
did you drive on a cross the heave what kind of fish??/ ling?
mostly walleye .never saw any burbot but I was using a flasher.never saw the ice heave and wont be driving on anymore. Too warm . Heading north this morning up by LLB.
also jacks were in the grandview area

fish99
03-25-2015, 11:52 AM
mostly walleye .never saw any burbot but I was using a flasher.never saw the ice heave and wont be driving on anymore. Too warm . Heading north this morning up by LLB.
also jacks were in the grandview area

thanks for info was looking for whites, will have to leave the truck on shore and use the quad. good luck north