PDA

View Full Version : Fishin in Moose Jaw, SK

Fil_Can_Yakker
03-17-2015, 08:05 AM
I have a short term job here in MJ, anybody wanna share fishing spot in MJ river?

TIA

58thecat
03-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Head out to Buffalo pound, good fishing in the spring, very shallow, say 15 feet ish, than when the temperature rises she gets slimy and the bite is off. There are some huge pike in there. South Saskatchewan River, lake Diefenbaker is a little bit of a drive. Been 15 years since there but things don't really change in Saskatchewan just moves really slow....lots of lake north of PA which to me is the jewel of Canada for fishing about a 6to 8 hr drive and you are in heaven.

bobbypetrolia
03-17-2015, 08:14 AM
Hate to tell you, but the only fish you might pull out of the Moose Jaw river is a sucker. There have always been rumors of pike in Wakamow lake, but I was born & raised there and 3 of our quarter sections have river on it, and I have never seen one; or seen anyone else catch one. Best bet around MJ is Buffalo Pound; which I'm sure is still froze over, as will be the river at this time. PM me and I can fill you in on a few little secret creeks within an hour that hold some fish, after the ice goes out (which usually isn't till mid april).

Fil_Can_Yakker
03-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Thanks fellas!

TJG
03-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Chance for 10# plus walleye. 2# perch hugh pike, whitfish, burbot and carp.

biggyJ
03-17-2015, 01:00 PM
The outlet river at the end of Buffalo Pound used to hold some big buffalo carp and decent sized pike.

bogwalker
03-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I used to try everything fishing the mj river when I was young.. didn't know it was a stagnant river.. was almost no current most of the year.. buffalo pound is your best bet.

Fil_Can_Yakker
03-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the tips!