PDA

View Full Version : Jiffy SD60i

perchie15
03-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Hey I have some problem with my jiffy it's 4-5yrs old, but had it out this weekend it started fine then I was drilling along and it quit on me then it take me atleast 20pulls to get it going again. Then still was running rough. Did eventually drill holes but to do one it took like 5mins almost cause it seems like it was bogging down. And also relIzed its leaking oil out of the muffler where the two pieces are molded together. Anybody ran into this problem?

harrydude
03-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Hey I have some problem with my jiffy it's 4-5yrs old, but had it out this weekend it started fine then I was drilling along and it quit on me then it take me atleast 20pulls to get it going again. Then still was running rough. Did eventually drill holes but to do one it took like 5mins almost cause it seems like it was bogging down. And also relIzed its leaking oil out of the muffler where the two pieces are molded together. Anybody ran into this problem?

Post pictures please

perchie15
03-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Sorry but post pics of what? The oil is leaking out from between the 2 muffler pieces that are molded together so means the oil is coming out of the exhaust for some reason. But once I get back to the project tomorrow I'll take pictures so u see what I mean. Thanks

perchie15
03-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Here's where it's leaking from

Kokanee9
03-18-2015, 10:40 AM
1) Remove the sparkplug and clean it carefully without changing the gap. If it ran fine before, the gap wouldn't be the problem.

2) Drain the gas and put in a fresh mixture of 40-45 to 1. Check the oil you are using to make sure it is the right kind.

3) Make sure the choke plate is operating properly and isn't staying closed.

Fuel leaking out of the muffler is oil and fuel not being burnt.

Try the above before you start fooling around with the mixture screw.

perchie15
03-18-2015, 12:48 PM
K I'll try those steps after work thanks Kokanee. It is jiffy oil so not like it's some knock off brand. And I did end up changing the spark plug also. And still leaked oil but I'll maybe have to find some 2cycle oil and mix that up. Thanks. Pretty sure I did mix it 40-1 like my cap says also.

Kokanee9
03-19-2015, 02:26 AM
K I'll try those steps after work thanks Kokanee. It is jiffy oil so not like it's some knock off brand. And I did end up changing the spark plug also. And still leaked oil but I'll maybe have to find some 2cycle oil and mix that up. Thanks. Pretty sure I did mix it 40-1 like my cap says also.

Send me a pm if that doesn't work, and I can give you a call.