PDA

View Full Version : Iosegun or Smoke Lake in June?

timsesink
03-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Hey Guys and Gals
I'm planning on doing a fishing/bear hunting trip the first week of June, between these two which one would you pick based on campground and fishing?

huntin'fool
03-18-2015, 07:27 AM
No idea about campground, but I would pick up my walleye tags for Iosegun to add an element to the trip...

skidderman
03-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Used to go there yrs ago but had bad experiences with theft so I will no longer camp there. Tie it down well whatever you do.

Gerv
03-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Good fishing in both lakes, I personally prefer the campground at Iosegun, stalls are a little bigger and more level than at smoke lake. Smoke is more popular for the tubing/water ski-crowd. Have been camping at Iosegun every summer since i was a kid, only thing that we ever had stolen was a cooler. Wouldnt say there is any more chance of being robbed than at any other campground.

Cheers

Jamie Black R/T
03-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Tie it down well whatever you do.

this, unfortunately, is the reality everywhere now. If it can walk away, it will.

timsesink
03-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Good fishing in both lakes, I personally prefer the campground at Iosegun, stalls are a little bigger and more level than at smoke lake. Smoke is more popular for the tubing/water ski-crowd. Have been camping at Iosegun every summer since i was a kid, only thing that we ever had stolen was a cooler. Wouldnt say there is any more chance of being robbed than at any other campground.

Cheers

I was leaning towards Iosegun as it does have undersubscribed walleye tags every year (Class C). Thanks for the help guys! It's a little far away to do a day scouting trip for me so it's truly appreciated.

leeaspell
03-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Just based on roads when it rains, I would pick Isogun. The smoke lake road when it's wet is absolutely horrible. Wouldn't want to be trying to get out of there with a big unit without some beefy tires and possibly chains lol