PDA

View Full Version : Cold lake report

Double_A_Ron
03-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Just wondering what the melt on cold lake is like and if you all think the ice will be good until the end of the month, I'd like one more crack on the hard water to catch the 30lb laker that tried to take a bite out of this 72cm guy last time I was out...

splake0
03-18-2015, 07:00 AM
As per other threads and posts the ice will be fine. There is more than 3 ft of ice. I'm going out today and am driving nearly accross the lake.

michael p
03-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Was there Sunday & Monday went to several areas and the ice was at least 3ft thick. You're have no problem driving on it. As far as snow on the ice very little won't be a problem. Bring a extension there was one spot that was 4ft of ice. It was just off the PP launch where people are fishing for pike. Two days of fishing no bites and landed 1 not a keeper. But the rum was good

wmw9
03-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Was there last Friday, 3ft of ice, lake trout were slow. Our group landed 1 keeper and some smaller ones. The 2 guys beside us had good luck, the one gentleman landed an 18 pound laker.

There was a huge pressure ridge on the far side of the lake where we drove on, not sure if you can still drive over it if it's been warm.

splake0
03-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Just came off the lake a couple hours ago. Very little snow. Surprisingly no water.
Caught 3 lost 1. No keepers.