PDA

View Full Version : directions to clear lake by highriver

bintherdonthat
12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
also would u know how good the access is to get on the lake

superspud
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
was down there today. head south till you hit stavely, turn left. (527) i think then follow signs for the lake. acess on to the lake is good near the boat ramp and there is enough ice, a bunch of cars were out today.
fishing was ok. only had two myself but the guy next to me was kept pretty busy and took home several keepers.

calgarygringo
12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
We are going to start our ice fishing season this week. We fished Clear several times in the boat this summer and caught all Pike which I knew were in there. We also like to catch some Burbs,Perch etc. Are there anything else either than Pike in there. We have been regulars to Crawling Valley but this summer we worked Clear, Pine Coulee And Twin Valley. We would like to ice fish these southern reservoirs but are not sure which would be the most fun on the ice.

bintherdonthat
12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
thanks for the info spud

KJPFISH
12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
I fished Clear Lake for the first time today. It is located about 10 min. east of Stavely, then about 5 km south - follow the signs. I had 10-12 good bites but only managed to get 4 smaller pike to the top of the ice. I fished the north side of the campground in about 10-12' of water. The ice was about 14-15" thk.

Good fishing!

KJPFISH

pecker
12-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I fished Clear Lake for the first time today. It is located about 10 min. east of Stavely, then about 5 km south - follow the signs. I had 10-12 good bites but only managed to get 4 smaller pike to the top of the ice. I fished the north side of the campground in about 10-12' of water. The ice was about 14-15" thk.

Good fishing!

KJPFISH

thanks for the update kgpfish. caught a 8# pike from shore last summer using a 5 o diamonds . my daughter lost one off the dock at the camgrounds looked like a 36"+ . snapped the line when we tried to net it.drag set too tight :cry: they're in there. haven't ice fished it yet - but hope to be out there shortly after new year . thanks again . tight lines. :wave:

bowchaser
01-01-2009, 12:21 PM
what were you using? try any jigging or using tip ups?

thanks

KJPFISH
01-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I was using home made tip-ups with smelts and/or sardines. Sorry I never tried jigging.

Good fishing!

KJPFISH