PDA

View Full Version : Kamooki smart fish

NIKON
03-18-2015, 04:42 PM
Caught a few pike this weekend on the Kamooki. I like the action of this lure. Lay it right on the bottom. Vertical jigging. Ordered mine online. Happy fishing!

Walleye101
03-18-2015, 05:11 PM
I tried it at the sportsman show in their fish tank and didn't like how the hook kept catching the line. So I never bought any.

NIKON
03-18-2015, 05:13 PM
I tried it at the sportsman show in their fish tank and didn't like how the hook kept catching the line. So I never bought any.

Not sure about that. Never had that problem. Had a minnow on though.

clarki
03-18-2015, 06:18 PM
ive been fishing the smartfish all winter. only fouled it once and that was because i was using a wire leader. switched to fluorocarbon and havent had any issues since

mosbos
03-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Picked up 3 at the Sportsman show Thursday. Caught my first AB walleye ice fishing on the perch pattern Friday. I like the action of the lure and know I'll get plenty of fish on it on future outings.

PlayDoh
03-18-2015, 10:29 PM
I grabbed a few online after a guy mentioned them. I read that a couple guys have either put a short piece of shrink tube over the treble where it joins the lure to keep it straight or there are special trebles that essentially do the same.

PlayDoh
03-18-2015, 10:33 PM
I don't think I'll be stocking up on them, mainly due to the price, although they are around the same price as the fancy Rapala's. I haven't used any yet but I should if I get out once more while the ice is still here. I think they'd be great for casting and drifting or slow trolling.

JohninAB
03-19-2015, 06:00 AM
I copied one posters lead on here this winter to achieve basically the same presentation as this lure.

Took some of my floating Rapalas and put a small crimp style lead weight on the leader right before the lure. Gives the same presentation as the Kamooki and does work well on the pike.
Did find if you were real aggresive with the jigging action you ran the risk of having the trebles catching on your leader. Happened 3 or 4 times when playing around.

I will be ordering a few Kamooki lures sooner than later to try.