PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around David Thompson

Astrocyte
03-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Hello folks, first post here. Switching the discussion from ice conditions to open water fishing.

I am planning a camping trip to David Thompson near lake Abraham in late June, I would like to try some trout fishing in the area when we are out for hikes or picnics. Not looking for a long drive, and we will not be bringing a boat. Does anyone know of a good location to head to? I have never been in that area but I have read that people will just walk from the David Thompson resort to a nearby river and catch. Not sure if that is still relevant to now or if that was a thing of the past

Hasse lake used to be our trout spot until the trout died off, so it has been a good ~10 years since I have caught any to be honest. We used to just troll with a 5 of diamonds, nickle/blue spoon and would catch some decent sized fish. Which lures/bait combos would you recommend for shore fishing whether it be on a lake or a river for the various trout species? I am not looking for big fish just a good time.

Also, if anyone knows about the fishing regulations in the area? I will be picking up a regulations book when I can but from what I remember you can keep 5 trout (no bull trout I believe), if the lake is part of the fish stocking program in the province.

ETOWNCANUCK
03-21-2015, 12:48 AM
I'm curious as well

timsesink
03-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Lots worth fishing around there. Cline, Bighorn River (walk a ways!), Allstones Lake, where Cline enters Lake Abraham, NSR below Bighorn Dam. Needless to say no shortage of good fishing! PM me if you want more detailed info.

P.S Regulations are different for every body of water. Lake Abraham is not a stocked lake.