PDA

View Full Version : Ice conditions on Upper and Lower K?

quotester1964
03-19-2015, 11:20 AM
wondering if anyone in their travels happened to be fishing on either of the lakes this week and could tell me how the ice is? Looking maybe to try upper kananaskis lake on Saturday for a couple of hours with my daughter.. figure she will get bored before noon :)...

I will walk gently and pull a light sled :)

Thanks

fishdude17
03-19-2015, 12:04 PM
I have seen you walk...nothing gentle about it! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

quotester1964
03-19-2015, 12:57 PM
At least I do not scare away the fish with all my f-bombs!! lol

fishdude17
03-19-2015, 02:33 PM
At least I do not scare away the fish with all my f-bombs!! lol

They **** me off sometimes...what can I say. :angry3:

trouty
03-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Ice doesn't come off til end of May typically.

Mackinaw
03-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Was on lower last sat rained like a bitch ice was ok top 6" was white
lots of out flow fishing was slow

Mack

quotester1964
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Ok thanks for the update.. daughter is ready to go.. wife... now that is another story :)

quotester1964
03-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Ok made it out to K country on Saturday.. Lower K, even if you weigh 5 pounds.. your out of luck.. a lot of open water now by the dam.. lol

Upper K was a lot better.. 6 inches of white ice and anywhere between 10 and 12 inches of good ice..

Made a stupid mistake of being nice.. a group of 4 guys showed up just after we pulled in and was asking about the lake, new to the lake.. I was too open on my info, but the asses forgot to listen to where was I going to setup with my family fishing and took the spot.. I do not own any spot on the lake, but come on... I told you exactly where I was fishing and you saw I had a little girl with me..

I played nice while on the ice due to my family was there, and set up further away... they had 3 bites and one fish before we packed up.. nothing from any of our holes.. but my wife and kid had a good time.. which made my day.. would have been better if I gotten to set up in that sweet spot and watched my daughter catch her 1st fish.. glad she wants to try again next year..