PDA

View Full Version : Dickson Touut Pond

Drano
12-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Dickson Trout Pond

I was there yesterday with my son and needless to say we were shut out.

Ice was 13" and driveable lots of snow on there also.:wave:

pecker
12-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Dickson Touut Pond

whats a touut ? ;);)

sauro88
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Dickson Touut Pond

Taking my 4 years old boy out Thursday but still undecided between Dickson trout pond (never been there before) and Chain. Any report on Dickson is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nicemustang
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Go to chain, they are always biting there and will be more fun for the young one.

The Ice Man
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Easy, Chain, got 36 fish there is 3 hours. PM me if you are still taking your kid out and want to rack em and stack em. Everyone can catch fish in chain but a few tips and you will not be able to keep them off the hook.

Sir. Kenneth
01-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Just realized there are 2 Chain lakes in AB, Chain lakes reservoir and chain lake up near Ponoka. Which one are you guys talking about?

Brian
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
They're talking about the one beside Hwy. 22 - south from Longview, or west from Nanton. The Chain Lakes near Ponoka has mostly fairly small pike so far as I know. No trout. You will have fun at Chain (the one down south) with kids. They don't mind small fish, and although it might be slowing down a bit by now, it should still provide loads of action for the young ones. Worms are not a real good choice for bait there as (in my experience) they attract a lot of suckers. Velveeta cheeze balls are excellent, and power bait usually works well also. Other baits work well too, but the worms seem to really be an item for the many suckers. Fish just off the bottom with small colored (charteruse, pink, orange, etc.) jigheads (with bait) & small floats. Good Luck & have fun!

nicemustang
01-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Correct, I was talking about chain lakes south. Sorry, forgot there is two chain lakes.

Sir. Kenneth
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Cool thanks fellas, i have fished chain lakes south once this past summer but it was really muddy still so i didnt have any luck. Any good spots i should try?

sauro88
01-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Correct, I was talking about chain lakes south. Sorry, forgot there is two chain lakes.

I'll go to Chain lakes south then. Thank you for all the tips.

nicemustang
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Anywhere on the south end of the lake is good, you can't go wrong. 18-25 FOW.

thrude1
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I was out on sunday with my son.Sorry to have to admit but he out fished Dad again,we caught and released about 30 small bows and one really nice broad about 4lbs all in about 3hrs