PDA

View Full Version : This year vs last

capper
03-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Hey guys just curious how everyone's hard water season went compared to previous? I love fishing, and I'm not complaining, but I had a super tough season. Had a few good days but overall did poor compared to other years. Tried lots of diffrent locations and techniques and a few new lakes. I typically fish Lakeland and surrounding areas. Wondering if it was a weird year for others or I just need to step up my game haha. Either way love getting out and will keep going fish or no fish lol

Mitchthefisher
03-22-2015, 04:58 PM
One of my best years at gull in a while and did well at a few other lakes.

waterninja
03-22-2015, 05:08 PM
I didn't get out near as much this year as last, but when I did I found the fishing as good or better then last year. The seasons not over yet.

WayneChristie
03-22-2015, 05:14 PM
I concentrated on big walleye more than pike and did ok. only fished for small walleye last year so its hard to compare but I did ok. maybe last year would have been better who knows. Im not complaining :)

Brandonkop
03-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Fishing was as good or probably better than last year. A few tough days, but the fish are there! Lots of fun and the weather was great this year. Ice didn't even get that thick. Drilling a million holes was easier this year, haha. Tried 18 new lakes in BC, AB and Sask through the ice and had a great time putting on the miles and pulling all kinds of fish out!

Next year try some new locations you might be surprised. Now that net fishing is done I suspect in the next few years fishing will continue to improve.

But everyone needs to catch and keep some whites!

Good Luck its not over yet!

yoteblaster
03-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Really good success this year, put in more time fishing too though

Double-Eh
03-22-2015, 09:42 PM
My best year so far as a novice ice fisher. Went out more than ever before. Tried more new lakes and learned tons. If only o could have gone put on a day where I didn't need the heater on blast. I only had 1 outing where I could stand outside in comfort. But I kept going out, so I'm a fanatic now I guess.

RavYak
03-22-2015, 09:56 PM
I guess it was pretty darn good considering this was my first real hard water season and was only out 2 times last year.

I learned quite a bit about the differences between hard water and open water fishing but still have a lot more to learn.

Adwittoutdoors
03-23-2015, 12:26 AM
I had a great winter with walleye , trout and whites ( thanks to Mitchthefisher ). As for perch I been SOL 😡. I have not heard the fat lady sing yet so the seasons not over yet. :sHa_shakeshout: