PDA

View Full Version : Legend 15 Angler

CanuckAngler11
03-22-2015, 06:49 PM
So... I stumbled across a boat in an ad. And it was a legend 15 Angler with a 20 HP mercury 4 stroke with a trailer and a depth finder and rod holders etc. Brand new all said and done around 13,000 has anyone had any experience with this boat hoping to go look at it soon this would be my family's third boat and first new boat.

npauls
03-22-2015, 08:32 PM
That boat would be way under powered for a family.

If i were you and were looking in that price range i would look for a maxed out h.p. boat used from the states. You will get a way better used boat for that kind of pricing.

Esox
03-22-2015, 08:34 PM
Remember you're paying 20 to 30% more now on stuff in the states because of our dollar. There's very few deals down there now for us.

CanuckAngler11
03-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Correction it would have a 40 HP merc

npauls
03-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Remember you're paying 20 to 30% more now on stuff in the states because of our dollar. There's very few deals down there now for us.

Even with the exchange you will still find a way better deal on a good boat rather then paying that price for a sub par quality boat that is way under powered.

Nova
03-22-2015, 11:35 PM
Is this the one listed on kijiji in Fort McMurray? If so the 40 horse is a $4300 upgrade.

EZM
03-23-2015, 07:55 AM
With a max budget of $13,000 ...... I think these would be better choices ....

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/edmonton/smokercraft-16ft-75hp/1058971350?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-boat-parts-trailer-accessories/edmonton/fully-restored-16-starcraft-and-60hp-mercury/1055720315?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/lloydminster-ab/lund-pro-angler-16/1058600698?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

TROLLER
03-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Smoker Craft with a bullet proof Honda 75 I would be looking at this one for sure.

jbfishing
03-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Oil prices are down keep your eye open and be picky. There will be some killer deals on slightly used boats. That is the advice i give. Happy shopping and fishing

Jamie Black R/T
03-23-2015, 03:16 PM
um....:)

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=249035

Forget the legend.

EZM
03-23-2015, 04:27 PM

Forget the legend.

double ummmmm ........... yeah get that one ......... no doubt about it !!!!! Steal his boat sounds about right to me. Worth closer to $18,000 IMO.

Jamie Black R/T
03-23-2015, 04:35 PM
double ummmmm ........... yeah get that one ......... no doubt about it !!!!! Steal his boat sounds about right to me. Worth closer to $18,000 IMO.

I cant/dont believe thats still available.

Unless theres a massive dent on the other side or something :)

npauls
03-23-2015, 05:43 PM
That lund is 10 times the boat that the legend angler would be

Talking moose
03-23-2015, 06:03 PM

Forget the legend.

Yup!!! Get ahold of Blake!!! That's a boat!!

SCHOOCH
03-23-2015, 06:09 PM

Forget the legend.

I almost want to buy it for the hell of it.........won't last long at the price

Jamie Black R/T
03-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I almost want to buy it for the hell of it.........won't last long at the price
I was thinking the same!

did a triple take on that add

Tdog_2005
03-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Yep go with the Lund, bigger boat. bigger motor-175hp is lot nicer then 40 lots of accessories, even has a kicker motor.

schmedlap
03-23-2015, 06:41 PM
A lot of people do not seem to know that boats and outboard motors are just the same as motor vehicles in terms of getting a lien-free title. They are "serial number goods" under PPSA. In the current circumstances where a lot of people will have to divest their "toys", there will be great deals, but some sellers will "forget"(?) to tell you that these are financed (the majority of the high end outfits are, and you would be, perhaps, surprised how many relatively "low end" ones are at least part of some financing package ), and will even sign "free and clear" on bills of sale when it is not the truth. Before you buy any boat, motor, or both, privately, for over $1,000, get and verify the year, make, model, and serial numbers, and get PPR searches (and if you buy out of province, get one for that province) by both serial numbers and seller name. Cheap insurance? And ensure the purchase money goes to clear the lien (security interest, whether lease , conditional sale, or just "mortgage" - actually get a release and discharge - deal directly with the financing entity) if there is one. I know of a recent case of the purchaser of a very expensive, high end, used boat and motor, etc. (around $35,000), where the finance company (owed about that much) now has possession of same, going to auction, and the buyer is SOL with suing an insolvent seller who abjectly lied to him. There are going to be lots of such situations, due to ignorance of the law on this point.
Should we have a betting pool on AO as to the date of the next "what do I do now" thread from someone who got ripped off in this manner?

Talking moose
03-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Boats 14 years old... Shouldn't it be payed off by now? And an i trader of 100% with 29 deals.....

schmedlap
03-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Boats 14 years old... Shouldn't it be payed off by now? And an i trader of 100% with 29 deals.....
you would be surprised (assuming you are like me and avoid debt?) how some people "pledge" all such things for a new "shark" loan. You see "CitiFinancial" loans on the PPR searches with fridges, washers, dryers, dishwashers, couches, DR tables, stereos, and TV's pledged as "security", let alone actual realizable hard security (serial number goods) items like boats and motors. The debtors often don't even realize what they pledged - they are desperate for the money and sign what is put in front of them. Have you not heard the radio ads by "Aaron Acceptance" or "Alpine Credit" or their ilk - no "credit checks", "even if you have a bankruptcy on your record", etc. Don't "assume" anything in this regard. Just do the searches - they cost very little, and are your security against finding yourself screwed. If you later have them clear, and in hand, you are home free.
It may be, even, that the seller bought the boat a year or 2 ago, without lien searches, from another seller who has suddenly defaulted in his payments, and the bailiffs are looking for the boat. The lien holder still may have priority of claim. And the bailiffs (civil enforcement agents) are pretty damn good at finding such - that is their job, after all - I have seen them retrieve various equipment and vehicles, including boats, from NB, Colorado, Wyoming, and Nevada, let alone AB, SK, and BC. So your seller may be innocent, but...? He almost undoubtedly is, if he has that kind of i trader rating, but...? It is so easy to protect yourself in this regard, and any seller who is not prepared to give the info you need to do the searches ... is that your first clue as to some issue?
That's not even to mention, with boats, the need for MOT registration for anything over 10 hp. Does the seller have this, in their name? How do you get this, if they don't? Amazingly (???) this is very often neglected/forgotten in the transfer of boats, due to the lack of much enforcement (?). The message is just to think and "keep your head up".

SCHOOCH
03-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Its actually a great point.....i always check for liens on anything i buy after having a good friend get scammed years ago. Easy process to do and to save the big headache its well worth the hour of your time. Not saying anyone on here would pull that but the OP might go and buy else where.

mikebossy
03-24-2015, 12:19 AM
p

JohninAB
03-24-2015, 07:03 AM

Forget the legend.

I would recommend some diligence in terms of researching the Evinrude Ficht motor.

Definitely not my first choice for an outboard. Now if it was an Evinrude E-tec I would be all over that deal.