PDA

View Full Version : Sicamous Adventure

PikePinkster
03-22-2015, 08:35 PM
My parents live at the south end of Mara Lake, and I'll be out there to visit them over Easter this year. I've thrown the fly rod a little around Mara lake and had some luck with streamers, but I'm looking to broaden my horizons a little. Anyone know of any smaller lakes or moving water that I should give a crack at this year?

bigshu
03-23-2015, 11:01 AM
White Lake might be ice free by Easter. But come May and June the higher lakes should be picking up. You want to check out Hidden Lake outside Enderby for sure. Also Gardom Lake make be open by Easter. They killed off all the course fish in it a few years back and restocked it but I haven't heard how its been.

Bhflyfisher
03-23-2015, 01:08 PM
white is open. Bc has had a crazy spring. There is a TON of lakes already iced off. Peterhope is off, six mile, morgan, all the usuals. They're already firing.

Northern Yaker
03-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Almost all moving water in BC is closed to angling all of the month of April.
It will be in the top left hand corner of the first page of the region you wish to fish in the freshwater regs.
Since you heading to region 3 flowing waters don't open again until after June 30. A few exceptions in water specific tables, but not many.

PikePinkster
03-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Almost all moving water in BC is closed to angling all of the month of April.
It will be in the top left hand corner of the first page of the region you wish to fish in the freshwater regs.
Since you heading to region 3 flowing waters don't open again until after June 30. A few exceptions in water specific tables, but not many.

Thanks for the heads up there. I find the BC regs to always been quite convoluted and the information isn't always obvious. Guess they can't do everything right.

vital shok
03-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Don't know how to spell it but skimikin lake near ederby theres some hog zillas in there mom used to run campground so it is confirmed