PDA

View Full Version : Ice off PIKE

potatogun
03-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Anyone know if PIKE are very active at ice off. Ice just came off a small irrigation lake i know of and it is open year round. I was wondering if its worth my time to drive out there. I don't have a lot of experience fishing for Pike. I Fish rivers mostly but since the kiddies are getting old enough to fish we are going to be sticking to lakes for the most part this year.

calgarygringo
03-28-2015, 02:53 PM
I have been fishing a southern reservoir the last couple weeks and both times out my rod has been active all day long. Yesterday stopped counting once hitting double digits and many other bites and good hits I missed. Keep fishin as they are hungry.

potatogun
03-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Thank You. Ill plan to head there this weekend if the wind isnt too bad. It will be the maiden voyage for the boat.

chriscosta
03-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Find a shallow muddy bay on the ne side somewhere and use huge sardiNes under a bobber the big girls will take that every time if theyre in the shallows still ...just drive your boat slowly around these areas and have a buddy watch for em off the front of tbe boat ...good times