PDA

View Full Version : wabamun regs

crashingagain
04-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Was looking through regs... 0 limit fish any kind out of wabamun?
Is this right or i read it wrong

riderprider
04-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Wow. Seriously? I'm not one of "those" guys but no. 0 limit out of Wab. On anything. Period. Right or wrong. That's the deal.

Don Meredith
04-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Was looking through regs... 0 limit fish any kind out of wabamun?
Is this right or i read it wrong

You read it right. It's been that way for a few years now, and probably will be for a few more, as the white fish are still having problems in their recovery from the oil spill, as the walleye build their numbers after the initial success of their reintroduction, and as pike fishers enjoy catching trophy-size pike so close to the city.

davegrant
04-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Well said Don and in my opinion the walleye stocking is the perfect test subject to
monitor any residual effects from that spill. They can monitor the walleye from fry
to adult and test eggs once old enough to reproduce to get a life cycle report of any effects.
Gonna take 15 years to build up the year classes.

Talking moose
04-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Wow. Seriously? I'm not one of "those" guys but no. 0 limit out of Wab. On anything. Period. Right or wrong. That's the deal.

Ya your one of those guys... Maybe the guy never fishes wab so what reason would he have to look up wabs specific regs? Perhaps he plans on fishing it this year and did his reading up on the lake today.... Good on the op.

crashingagain
04-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the standup talking moose.... havent fished wab for 15+yrs. Probably wont for awhile.. was just checking through regs to see what changed. Obviously didnt check wab regs for a bit. Nice pike being pulled though. Thanks again😊

crashingagain
04-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Thanks to all for the info. Since train accident i never checked regs there. But anyways all makes sense.... thanks for info