PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Reservoir

Brian_levesque
01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Finally got onto this site, I fish ghost alot in the winter but mostly stick to the sand ledge at the south end, I catch lots of small lakers with minnows
But yet to catch one over 2-3 pounds, does anyone know where to catch the lunkers. Caught 3 12 inchers on tuesday or is this the average size.

icefever
01-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Was out at the Ghost this morning caught a few whitefish and a couple of small lakers. I catch most of the larger ones in 30-45' of water. If you fish to deep you will only catch little ones. Best time to catch them is from 9-12 and 3-dark. The big ones are fussy on what they want. Try larger pimples or Crocs tipped with smelt tails. Unfortunately it takes time to find the large ones, but they are there.

Mudslide
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Are People driving on Ghost yet? I have had mixed results on Ghost thanks for the tips.

Gillfisher
01-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes you can drive on the lake, I was there today on my way home from Spray Lakes. There were a number of vehicles on the lake. I drove onto the lake myself for few minutes. I got skunked at Spray this AM fished from about 09:15 to 12:30. I did have a few bites but missed setting the hook. My new little buddy heater sure kept my 2 man hut nice & warm though.

Gillfisher

marlin1
01-02-2009, 06:45 PM
be careful on Ghost I saw a truck through the ice last year by the launch. It was late season and all you could see was a tail light and part of the bumper. It was a ford small truck. We informed the RC's in Cochrane and they found the truck but I don't know what happened or how