PDA

View Full Version : best place in edmonton to install a fishfinder

tonypower
04-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Hey Guys. I bought a boat over the winter and want to install a fish finder. I am not very handy and don't really want to be drilling holes in my transom. Can anyone recomend somewhere to have it installed. I talked to the guys at riverside and the seam like they know what they are doing. Thanks in advance.

Kim473
04-05-2015, 10:18 AM
I would install myself if I was you. Search youtube and others here can tell you how to do it or maybe someone here can help you, for beer.

skykomish sunrise
04-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Talk to Kevin at the fishing hole south. He does a tonne of installs

PerchBuster
04-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I installed one of these myself on my 17'6" ft FGlass deep V and have been very happy with it. No holes to drill and in fact it covers up the old holes from the old transducer and makes a perfect water tight seal. http://www.sternmate.com
I highly recommend this product and it has served me very well. My boat can run 55 to 60 mph and the bond you get to the transom with this product is really amazing. Any of the marine shops should be able to install for you as placement in the right spot on the transom is key. I ordered this online a couple years ago for my side imaging/down imaging unit and have been very happy with the performance. Reel Doctor may be able to help as well. Good luck.

A.H.
04-05-2015, 07:46 PM
x2 on Kevin from South Fishn Hole. Stand up guy that knows what he is doing.

A.H.

bushnell
04-05-2015, 08:40 PM
x3 on Kevin

waterninja
04-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Darn, i misunderstood the title of your thread. I was going to suggest the best place to install a fish finder in edmonton is on the boat sitting in my backyard.