PDA

View Full Version : Bass Bucket???

Bassett
01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I was surfing around for fishing lure kits and I found the Bass Bucket- Gallon size from cabelas is it any good? Are the lures quality and worth the $34.99? Just wondering if any of you has had luck with them.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0000680111975a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=bass+bucket&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

NOTE- ARE THEY GOOD FOR EITHER HARD WATER OR OPEN WATER FISHING

Thanks for the advice,
Bassett...:wave:

Big Red 250
01-02-2009, 09:02 AM
There are no lures in there, just the plastic bodies. For fishing in Ab, I think it would be a waste of money. Also with the dollar exchange, duty, shipping, I'm sure it would be about $50.00. I'm sure you would catch more fish with a handful of jigs in various weights and color's and a couple of tubs of minnows. Just my .02cts worth.

raggmann
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
After getting Cabela's catalogs for 5or6 years we finally made a trip to the Boise store two years ago(and another trip last year to Post Falls).
I bought the Bass Bucket and I've used it around Central Alberta as well as Northern(ish) Saskatchewan and am now finding it's now about 1/2gone.
I've hammered pike as well as walleyes using them Texas rigged.
It's hard to find the proper hooks to Texas(or Carolina) rig them but if you're ordering a bucket get a few pacs of the hooks too.
If you need the hook size lemme know and I'll check.....it's too cold to go to the shed right now.
I tried to get my buddy in Sask a bucket at the Post Falls location but they were sold out.I've also found that on the online ordering as well so you may have to back order it.

Where are you located?
It doesn't say in your header or whatever they call that thing at the top.

Bassett
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Where are you located?
It doesn't say in your header or whatever they call that thing at the top.
I'm in west end edmonton

diamond k
01-03-2009, 01:27 AM
They used to have a walleye bucket as well and it is more suited to Alberta as I have bought a few of them when I go down to Cabelas

raggmann
01-03-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm in west end edmonton
Thanks.

One thing to add on the buckets is that there are grubs from about 1-1/2" long right thru to about 6" lizzards.