PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fished the Little Red Deer River?

pikekid
04-06-2015, 06:00 PM
A bit curious about little red deer river just west of bowden. Is it worth going ?

Clgy_Dave2.0
09-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Bit of a bump here.

Not familiar with the area, and going camping at Red Lodge next weekend. Is the part of the river that goes through Red Lodge campground in the ES2 or PP2 management area? And is there any decent fishing there, or should I not even bother?

Poppa
09-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Every bit of research I've done on that area says the river has been poor fishing in that area for several years and that this year, in particular, has been bad because of the low water levels. Best spot on the river seems to be just west of Innisfail.....from everything I've read.

graybeard
09-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Every bit of research I've done on that area says the river has been poor fishing in that area for several years and that this year, in particular, has been bad because of the low water levels. Best spot on the river seems to be just west of Innisfail.....from everything I've read.

x 2....I have been up there 3 times this year and there was no improvement in any of my trips.
Pretty sad for a river that used to produce and was fun to fish....

Fishfri
09-25-2015, 07:12 PM
go red deer by tolman. theres few campsites there. fishing is really good.

Fishfri
09-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Red lodge nice place? never been there. Id go to red deer river. there are few campsites there. But bring whatever you need. Stores closed on sundays.