PDA

View Full Version : Power Bait Presentation

Winch101
04-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Went trouting at Chapparal Lk . Tried Powerbait ,my 6 yr. old
Grandson is sure it's Play Do .
Brought bread for the Ducks , while feeding them ,the trout were
Rising for the crumbs .....This , I think not a good sign .

So we still fished , bobbered etc. One did pick the weight up
While retrieving . Saw lots of fish cruising the shallows , none
Rising ? I did not have Fly Tackle .
I have already tried my secret ,never fail , cooked shrimp ,
Formula . Through the ice and open water . Fail

Tips ...

EZM
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Although powerbait, shrimp and good old minnows and worms work for trout ......... my number one go to bait for stocked rainbows, without a doubt, is Velvetta cheese.

Give it a try. Cut into small cubes and keep it cold or mold like you would power bait ( I prefer to pre-cube small cold pieces so they stay on the hook better.

Xbolt7mm
04-10-2015, 08:32 AM

Tips ...

If they are taking the bread for the ducks then slip a hook in a piece of the bread, just dont let the duck get it.

dodger
04-10-2015, 09:21 AM
If they are taking the bread for the ducks then slip a hook in a piece of the bread, just dont let the duck get it.

Slip a hook into a duck and wait for the largest Trout take the duck.

My $1.50
Dodger.

TROLLER
04-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Use a slip sinker, that way they will not feel the weight when they go to pick up your power bait.

If using a bopper, same thing use a slip bopper and let them run with it for a bit.

EZM
04-10-2015, 04:33 PM

Hmmmm a roasted duck or a mud hole Rainbow on the BBQ.

Not the worst idea out there ...... I like Duck !!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

J D
04-10-2015, 04:53 PM
The answer to catching those trout was plain as day in my opinion.

If nothing was working and I seen them eating bread fed to the ducks I know what would have been the next thing on the hook.

Brandonkop
04-10-2015, 07:45 PM
This is how you fish floating powerbait for trout. I made a quick minute long tip showing how its done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUU3pRe1TTQ

Photohawk
04-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Although powerbait, shrimp and good old minnows and worms work for trout ......... my number one go to bait for stocked rainbows, without a doubt, is Velvetta cheese.

Give it a try. Cut into small cubes and keep it cold or mold like you would power bait ( I prefer to pre-cube small cold pieces so they stay on the hook better.
The old method is to use cheese. Now they have power eggs by berkley part f.e.f.w- floating egg floating orange. The egg will stay firmly attached to a #10 gama hook red.. They also make it in white. The advantage with power eggs they don't dissolve in water. The trouble with cheese and shrimp they can be easily removed from the hook. Caroline fishing with a bait line from 2 to 6 feet long. Be patient when they bite. Sometimes they bite and then let go because there is too much tension in the main line. My boss uses this method in tournament fishing but uses a leech instead. The tfh carries orange and pink. Try pink as well.
Vanessa...:)

TUFFBUFF
04-12-2015, 11:00 AM
I use "pickerel rigs" replace hooks they come with, use 6lb line 12-18" and good #6 or 8 single hook and enough bell sinkers to cast good and a bit of resistance to keep line snug.
Stick er in a holder, grab a chair and a beverage and wait!

TripleTTT
04-12-2015, 01:32 PM
"pickerel rigs" setup for one hook and set so bait sits above bottom. Found that worms and maggots work best. Best worms are the fresh caught ones in puddles after big rain. :sHa_shakeshout:

FlyTheory
04-12-2015, 01:52 PM
If you mix powerbait with cotton wool (make little balls of 30% cotton wool and 70% power bait) it will stay on the hook way better and you won't have any doubts of the dough flying off.
I don't know if this will help you OP, but it definitely is a tip I wish I knew when I fished power bait years ago!

DiabeticKripple
04-12-2015, 02:05 PM

Tips ...

im sorry but i cant take it anymore.

why do you post
like this? it is hard
to read and make sense
of your posts when you do
this.

FlyTheory
04-12-2015, 02:53 PM
im sorry but i cant take it anymore.

why do you post
like this? it is hard
to read and make sense
of your posts when you do
this.

Hahaha there are few people on here that do that :p

Winch101
04-12-2015, 04:05 PM
English is not my first language .
Don't feel bad ,you are not the first
Person to bring this up. I would quit it,
But it's kind of a Tslking a Moose thing now.
When we go bi-lingual I will have it aced .

Photohawk
04-12-2015, 05:41 PM
If you mix powerbait with cotton wool (make little balls of 30% cotton wool and 70% power bait) it will stay on the hook way better and you won't have any doubts of the dough flying off.
I don't know if this will help you OP, but it definitely is a tip I wish I knew when I fished power bait years ago!
Thats a good idea but floating power eggs take care of putting the bait in your hand and making it into a ball. Lots of people swear by using a marshmallow but the water will dissolve it. Single line and hook will out fish pickeral rigs as well. Caroline fishing fishing rigs is what the pro's use. My boss swears by this method. Single fluorocarbon line with a red gama hook and power eggs.
Vanessa..

lambski
04-12-2015, 05:44 PM
There are many ways to skin a cat, keeping an open mind is key, i can remember in my early 20s i used to order it in 12 packs, lol My BIGGEST rainbows were caught on the triple threat even though i dont like to admit it!