PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Lake park Perch

Cowtown guy
04-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Any info on where or how to catch a few perch in the park? I have tried many of the lakes that "say" they have perch and have never gotten a whiff.

Any help would be appreciated.

huntingaddict
04-11-2015, 06:19 PM
A lone tumble weed rolls across the prarie
All gone border jumpers are them all
Minnesota is where it's at or onterio where their not even considered a game fish

Levy
04-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Boire, Ranger Bay at Lac Des Isle, Pagan and Rusty. Those to the best of my knowledge are the lakes that people typically target keeper perch. We haven't had good luck on Lac Des Isle in ten years. Despite what people think about saskatchewan it does not from my experience produce nice perch in many of its lakes. I have far better luck in the lake land region. From my experience and talking with friends in the area Pagan lake is the most consistent producer of keeper perch. Have you tried there?

I would also suggest an ice transducer when ice fishing. You figure out in five minutes if you are on the fish or not. You can also entice them to bite if they are there. Figuring out a transducer/fish finder has improved my fishing game 10 fold. Switching spots a lot to find the school is key. When I fish around Saskatoon I frequently try four to six spots before finding a good school of keepers.

Good luck with the perch.

Immigrant
04-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Lac des Iles ( in Ranger Bay) is pretty much the best in the park. Pagan Lake is ok, but Jumbo Lake is a little better (across from the pump station at the golf course, but get there early to find a spot between all the other boats). Green Lake not too bad but far from the park

Muckwa
04-12-2015, 06:44 AM
Myers lake. Not far from park it always has perch.

benamen
04-12-2015, 07:15 AM
As mentioned Rangers Bay on Lac Des Isle can be good. I caught most in Long Bay which is off Rangers Bay.
Seen a picture of a 5 gallon pail full of big perch caught in Rangers Bay this winter.
See lot of fishermen targetting perch on the left hand side of Long Bay in the summer.

Cowtown guy
04-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the help folks. I've been away for a little bit so I haven't been watching.
Can't seem to find Myers anywhere though.