PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in a fly swap here?

Big.Bear
01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Would anyone here be interested in doing a fly swap?

If your not familiar with how it works then here the gist of it.

-There will be a set number of people allowed. normally about 12 -20
- Each has to tie enough fly's so each person gets one (so if there is 12 people you have to tie 12 fly's)
- Even if you do not tie you can still just go buy a pattern and send those.
-There will be a time limit as to how long you have to make the fly's. (normally a couple weeks)
-There will be a certain pattern you have to tie (nymph, dryfly, chironomid etc) And for a certain fish (trout,pike etc)
- So when your done, you send the fly patterns to me so I can sort them out and each person gets 12 different patterns back!

I have always liked this because you see some good and different patterns. Some of my favorite lake and river patterns have come from swaps.

So if anyone here is interested just post here and let me know and if there is enough people who want to participate then I will make a new post with the rules, type of fly etc.

TundraBuck
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I would be interested in something like this. I'm not too good at dry flies yet, I haven't been doing it that long. I specialize in streamers, nymphs, and chironomids.

Reeves1
01-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Only sissies that have been tormented by their mommies would abuse fish in this manner !

Tundra....PM sent for free feathers :lol:

Reeves1
01-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Opps ?

May have sent the PM to the wrong person ?

Rum will do that :rolleye2:

:lol:

spudislander
01-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm up for a swap. I usually tie traditional dries for trout, but I've been getting into some of the bigger western patterns and Wulff's. But I'm flexible and I can tie just about anything.

Big.Bear
01-03-2009, 07:32 PM
good to see some interest....need a few more people ....come on its winter what else do you people have to do!!!!!

Kevin C.
01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Havent done one of these for a while so you can throw my name in the hat for this. So far this winter I have been trying to tie flies that I can use to target bull trout. But I am flexible.:)

Big.Bear
01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I made a new thread..it is the official swap thread so if your interested post and say you are and also PM me. If you have any questions PM me.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-03-2009, 11:35 PM
I made a new thread..it is the official swap thread so if your interested post and say you are and also PM me. If you have any questions PM me.

Id be interested but I dont do flys :cry::cry::cry::cry:

troller
01-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Id be interested but I dont do flys :cry::cry::cry::cry:

same boat for me BBJ :(

Big.Bear
01-04-2009, 10:57 AM
BBJ I know you do jigs and such, is that what you do troller? If so then its no big deal, join up I want to make this work!!!

troller
01-05-2009, 06:39 AM
BBJ I know you do jigs and such, is that what you do troller? If so then its no big deal, join up I want to make this work!!!

Yeah I do jigs and spoons but don't make any of them myself. The wife and I are just getting into fly fishing this year but I think I will have my hands full learning that before I get into making flies. LOL

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Sweet, maybe Ill do something Tottaly custom that I don't sell :D. Im tottaly in for this.

Big.Bear
01-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Hey troller,

you could buy flys and enter the swap to.

honda450
01-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I am in as well.:wave:

Big.Bear
01-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Excellent Honda450!!!!

guysmiley
01-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm interested.

I'm a bit rusty but with some practice I'll be able to produce some nice results.

It's a good excuse to get tying again.

Garrick.

troller
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey troller,

you could buy flys and enter the swap to.

That would be ok but I feel kind of "cheap" if everyone else is putting hard work and time into theirs and I just go buy one that anyone could buy off the store shelf.

I'll tell you what, if you come up one short I will join, if not I will learn to tie by next year. LOL

And thanks for the hospitality Loon :)

Big.Bear
01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
That would be ok but I feel kind of "cheap" if everyone else is putting hard work and time into theirs and I just go buy one that anyone could buy off the store shelf.

I'll tell you what, if you come up one short I will join, if not I will learn to tie by next year. LOL

And thanks for the hospitality Loon :)

Don't feel cheap buddy, there's 1 or 2 others doing the same. as long as its a pattern that has produced good for you. Up to you though either way I'll let you know towards the end whats happening.

Morph1
01-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't tie flies myself , simply lack of time, but I would love to buy some nice back swimmer patterns, or best if someone knows an internet store where you can buy some decent type of a back swimmer that would be great.

Big.Bear
01-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I lvoe fishing backswimmers, I have allot of good patterns for them to...PM me

Big Bull
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
.LOON., I'm in! I mostly tie streamers and chironamids that are proven to work on Maligne Lake. Let us in on the details when your ready.

Big.Bear
01-09-2009, 12:20 PM
.LOON., I'm in! I mostly tie streamers and chironamids that are proven to work on Maligne Lake. Let us in on the details when your ready.

Sounds good, I am hoping to get to Maligne lake this summer as I have never been there.