PDA

View Full Version : Chip Lake

kokanee
01-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey everybody,

Just wondering if anyones been out to chip lake lately? How was the fishing?
Thinking of heading out there the next couple days.

Thanks

hockeyfish
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
i have a place pretty near there...do you know of any good spots?

wideload
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
i live 1 mile away not much action yet west end of lake most poduction good ice

kokanee
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
i hope to be out there again next weekend..i agree with the west side being better right now tho

kokanee
01-10-2009, 04:40 PM
A change of plans maybe..i also have lots of family that live just north of the lake and they want to go fishing tomorow..anyone been out lately?

If i get any decent reports i was thinking of joining them.
Thanks

Bob
01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
At the mouth of the river it's not bad some burbit and a few 3 to 5 pound jacks I live on the north side of the river at the bridge so try to get out when I am home from working good luck and keep a tight line

kokanee
01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Good to hear!..i didn't make it there today..went to greg lake north of Hinton..but ill be ou there next weekend forsure

Thanks for the report Bob

deanmc
03-01-2009, 12:40 PM
At the mouth of the river it's not bad some burbit and a few 3 to 5 pound jacks I live on the north side of the river at the bridge so try to get out when I am home from working good luck and keep a tight line

Went out yesterday afternoon. Pretty slow we fished from about 4:00- 9:00 had one on that I didnt land and 2 nibbles. about 6 groups of people fishing and only 5 ling all night.

Really a nice spot you have along the river Bob btw

cks
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
about 3 weeks ago a couple of us caught 1 10.5lb and 3 around 5lbs and lots of small under 3lbs in about 4 hours started fishing about 9:30am then went out about a week later nothing but small pike under 3 lbs.

CountryRoadz
03-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow I havent heard anything on Chip Lake for a while. I used to go fishing with my Grandfather 30 years ago there. We launched the boat at the river and boat up to the lake and fish the mouth. Biggest fish we caught was 8 lbs.

His name was Bert and my grandma was sarah they lived aout 10 minutes NE of the bridge. Doubt anyone is still around from them days.

Anyway great memories. Whats the biggest pike thats come out of there that anyone has heard of?

Good Luck to all.

Drewski Canuck
03-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I remember as a kid whitefish being sold apparently caught out of Chip Lake. Are there any, and does anyone ever catch them?

I have though it odd that there are a few lakes with whitefish commercial fisheries, that the sports guys never ever find. Spefically Utikma, and I believe Chip.

Anyone have any ideas why that is?

Drewski

Cal
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Are we talking about the chip lake north of wabasca or is this a different one?

deanmc
03-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Are we talking about the chip lake north of wabasca or is this a different one?

I was but I am pretty sure there are only hammerheads and Burbot.

hockeyfish
03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
there are two rivers that flow into chip right?? which ones the lobstick

kokanee
03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
the lobstick flows in on the south west side of the lake...to access it drive down the leaman rd. and you'll come to the bridge about 2km's down...and then follow the river to the lake

Anybody been out the last few days? Hows the fishing been? im going out there to spend the weekend.

Chopper
03-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Fished chip for more than 30 years never seen a whitefish yet

Bob
03-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Have been away at work so need up date from the group,hope to run down the river this next weekend for some jack fishing whats happening over at the island.
Question does anyone know if the people cutting the big block holes still leaving the blocks on the ice and are they still leaving the holes open, one could loss his front wheel in one of them

deanmc
03-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Have been away at work so need up date from the group,hope to run down the river this next weekend for some jack fishing whats happening over at the island.
Question does anyone know if the people cutting the big block holes still leaving the blocks on the ice and are they still leaving the holes open, one could loss his front wheel in one of them

I hate it when people do that. Some of us have small chidren!!

hockeyfish
03-14-2009, 11:04 PM

tell me how you do by the lobstick

Bob
03-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Talking with friend from up the road last night he says the ling(burbit) are biting just out from the mouth just at dark should be some jack in the area also or they may still be crusing over at the island again watch out for big holes and ice blocks as I have no update on them. so just be carefull and keep a sharp eye on the future fishing generation when over in that area.