PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Freeport Grand Bahamas

senkow
04-18-2015, 09:08 AM
So i have finally booked my first vacation and im headed down to Freeport Bahamas on may 7th and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what/where/who to fish and what to stay away from. My plan is to do at least 1 Full day of deep sea fishing, and if i can find a guide do another day of shallow water Bone fishing. I also will be packing a 4 peice spinning rod with 17lb mono to try my luck around the resort. Ive heard stories of guys going out and basicly getting a boat ride so hopefully i can stay away from that and get on some good fish. Any past experiences or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Moefoe
04-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Was in Freeport years ago for business but got some fishin in...all Beach and shoreline stuff, no guide no problem! Plastic shrimp imitations off the Beach, spoons and cranks off the rocks, nuthin big lots of variety, goodtimes. Not sure how it is now but back in the early 2000's after the sun went down Freeport changed...a bit dodgy wandering the streets at night, even in groups we still got harassed!! Wife or a Girlfriend helps, for some reason we never had issues if a girl was with us...:thinking-006: