PDA

View Full Version : No mention of Barbs

lovefishin
04-20-2015, 10:08 AM
This morning it was brought to my attention that this year it seems the barbless hooks have not been mentioned in the regulation book. Has anyone else noticed this? Does that mean people dont have to debarb hook?

As much as I feel I have lost a few fish due to no barbs I also feel like it de-barbing has saved a few fishes lives.

Sharpie
04-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Go to previous page 17. There is a post titled barbless hooks.

Mountain Adventurer
04-20-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm going to half to read the regs again, I thought they quashed the barbless hook thing and paid back all who got fines? :thinking-006:

Sharpie
04-20-2015, 01:03 PM
It is not a law that you need to pinch barbs and apparently it will not be anytime soon. Does not mean that it is not a good idea to do so especially if your planning on C&R. Or fishing for species with length restrictions or slot sizes.

DiabeticKripple
04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
This morning it was brought to my attention that this year it seems the barbless hooks have not been mentioned in the regulation book. Has anyone else noticed this? Does that mean people dont have to debarb hook?

As much as I feel I have lost a few fish due to no barbs I also feel like it de-barbing has saved a few fishes lives.

it has been a few years where you can use barbed hooks

McLeod
04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Barbless is not in the discussion and it won't be brought back or even considered for many years. each to their own

recce43
04-20-2015, 01:37 PM
i think if they want barbless hooks they should make retailers only carry barbless hooks then it would be a non issue but until then barbs it is

huntsfurfish
04-20-2015, 06:38 PM
i think if they want barbless hooks they should make retailers only carry barbless hooks then it would be a non issue but until then barbs it is

It would sure limit the hooks you could use.

people can still pinch them if they want. or not:)