PDA

View Full Version : Camping in boat

Supergrit
04-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Some jet boats have full camper tops as option. Was wondering for the people that have these do you sleep in your boat. How do you like them or not.

Nova
04-21-2015, 08:04 AM
I have almost a complete top on my Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650. Dealer talked me out of buying the drop curtain because few people use it. I regret not buying it, but now with our dollar so weak the price has risen more than it would cost for me to make my own. I plan to do that some day when I have more time.

I've slept in my boat a few times using a tarp to complete the top. Slept well despite both nights being cool. A short blast with the buddy heater warmed it up quick and kept it warm long enough to fall back asleep. I've picked up a truck camper now so I shouldn't have to sleep in the boat again, but overall it was easier setting the top up for one person than it would have been to set up a tent.

chimpac
04-21-2015, 10:25 AM
I have always wanted to drift down a major river to the coast. I would do it on a raft that had room for my stuff and a tent.
It would be easy to use large plastic pipe for flotation. I would want a partner and if we each take a bicycle we could portage our craft around dams and whatever.

thunderheart
04-21-2015, 08:01 PM
talk to zip .. he and his lovely wife and friends went on a very long trip last yr went many many miles down the mackenzie river i think to the delta last yr .. he had a pontoon boat with full canvass set up.. a knowledgeable man for sure