PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tournaments

Smokercraft
04-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Just looking for some recommendations or advice for a smaller scale tournament for my dad an I.

The old man is retiring and we've talked about trying a tournament for a couple years. We're both experienced walleye/norther anglers but neither of us have ever entered a tournament. We have all the necessary gear, with a well equipped boat.

I'd like to take him to a weekend tournament as a retirement gift. Preferably a northern lake, but we're definitely willing to travel, even to Sask.

Thanks in advance.

huntsfurfish
04-23-2015, 10:00 AM
SAWT - In southern Alberta though, check facebook

Walleyedude
04-23-2015, 10:14 AM
I'd suggest the Sask Landing tournament on Lake Diefenbaker in July.

Beautiful spot, good fishing with a chance at some 10+ lb walleye, generally really good weather, and a great atmosphere.

npauls
04-23-2015, 10:49 AM
As mentioned earlier the SAWT is a great walleye trail.

Lots of really good people that are willing to help a new team out and get them started with the walleye tournament addiction.

Just Cowboy
04-23-2015, 11:53 AM
smokercraft text me your # and I will phone you and help you with your tournament entry to the best tournament for you. Wayne 403-815-1417

Jamie Black R/T
04-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Preferably a northern lake

check out

www.walleyetrail.ca

All the listings are very well run tournaments. I will be doing the Anglers cup on slave and pinehurst this season.

bobalong
04-24-2015, 12:21 AM
check out

www.walleyetrail.ca

All the listings are very well run tournaments. I will be doing the Anglers cup on slave and pinehurst this season.

Could be an early thaw/spawn this year, fishing on Moose and Pinehurst should be great, with the majority of the fish out in the main lake, instead of still back in the bays. Good Luck!!

7brent
04-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Try the anglers cup at slave lake great tourny