PDA

View Full Version : Carson Report

mikey11
01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Went out to carson today for the first rip of the year, Dropped a small green head jig tipped with maggots down and had 2 nice strikes ( Yes great day)
Well, that was it for about half an hour then landed the first fish a nice 14".
we had the camera down as well and the fish were acting weird around the bait only nosing it, so apparently we didn't have the right stuff. We tried different colored jig heads but were so unprepared it was ******ed. We decided to drill a couple more holes, but the pull rope buggered up. "No worries" I said to my father in-law " I brought my hand auger" I mannaged to drill out the snow but that was it, The blades were so dull. We decided to pack it in around 1pm, As we were packing up I landed another nice 14" rainbow. So at least we had a decent feed...!!!

The ice was around 15-18" thick, we were fishing straight out from the casting dock, as per the norm.

thorne
01-04-2009, 07:05 PM
thanks for the report, have never been o Carson, but is on the to try this year list, maybe this weekend. Would love to get a few of those rainbow~

mikey11
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey thorne,

If you do go this week-end leave the maggots at home, Bring lots of mealworms instead..!!! Last year the rainbows were bitting on them 10-1
against maggots in the same 5ft radius.