PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing Huts

gramps73
01-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Any one out there have one or has fished in one of these huts. Looking at getting one.
icefishinghuts.ca
Thanks
Gramps

Albertadiver
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
They look great, but the pricing is way outta my league. I built my own and am very happy with it.

fishking
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
They are easy to build,if you buy the tarp and plans.We use one all the time and are great with wood stoves.They are heavy,thats the only down fall

Big Red 250
01-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I used to have one, had ski's under it and a hitch. Was a brute to pull with my snomachine. If just fishing with a 1/2 ton, it would be alright. Will take 2 guy's to load it tho. Don't take long to set em up.

guysmiley
01-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I saw these ones online and thought they looked a bit sturdier but they are a bit more money. Maybe building one is the best approach.

http://www.niceshack.com/

Garrick.

Marlin07
01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I built one of those about six years ago and am happy with it, If you can run a tape measure and a saw or two it shouldnt be a problem to build your own. Besides, think aboout the shipping on a pre-built one! The tarp they sell you holds up well and really blocks out the light well. I have the four man but in reality it really only a 2-3 person shack.

stiknfish
01-06-2009, 07:15 AM
These shacks are great.I have used mine for about 7 years now and is holding up well.I have towed this thing around the lakes behind my truck and beat the crap out of it but it still keeps on ticking.I also have a wood stove in mine so you can be comfortable all day long.As previously said they are heavy,I can load and unload it myself with the help of a strap to tie it to the front of the truck so when I lift the rear end it doesnt come sliding out and take me down...will buy another when this one finally packs it in

Duck Hunt
01-06-2009, 08:22 AM
There great I,ve got one , tryed pert near every hut there is , these are by far my favorite. I've got the 6 man really only a five man with the stove though. Only weigh about 108pds, I load it myself all the time, Ive had heavier huts, probly why this one seems so lite. difinetly worth it !