PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Fish Stocking Report--2015

iYearn
04-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Is it me or is this a "short" list?

http://mywildalberta.com/Fishing/documents/AlbertaFishStockingReport-Apr24-2015.pdf

waterninja
04-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Pretty sure thats just a list of lakes that HAVE been stocked. More lists will be released as they stock more lakes (I hope).

iYearn
04-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Let's hope! And that makes sense.

falco
04-27-2015, 05:51 AM
That list is what has been stocked so far.It will be updated weekly.

turbo55
04-27-2015, 06:17 AM
It will sure be updated soon

spinN'flyfish
07-11-2015, 12:07 AM
hey guys how has the stocking been, would be nice to bring the family this weekend somewhere easy to fish, rather than other waters that i try to fish. A couple stocked keeper rainbows would be great for the family :sHa_shakeshout:

jkind
07-11-2015, 07:10 AM
http://mywildalberta.com/Fishing/StockingReports/documents/AlbertaFishStockingReport-Jun12-2015a.pdf

Kim473
07-11-2015, 08:14 AM
Disapointed again. Looks like only trout stocking this year.

cranky
07-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Its going to be not that great for free fishing weekend at least for pond fishing it looks like. Im guessing way to hot for the fish at least during the day.

Or maybe some ponds like Hermitage are already fished out seeing as they only put 3000 in there and its fished heavily. Cant seem to catch anything there any more.

Northern Yaker
07-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Disapointed again. Looks like only trout stocking this year.

And what were you expecting them to stock???

Kim473
07-12-2015, 05:51 AM
More walleye and maybe some perch in the heavy fished perch lakes and lakes where the walleye are eating all the perch. Maybe some feeder minnows in the walleye lakes.

damienelliott
07-12-2015, 06:25 AM
More walleye and maybe some perch in the heavy fished perch lakes and lakes where the walleye are eating all the perch. Maybe some feeder minnows in the walleye lakes.

Are you on glue?? That's just what this province needs more walleye. Use a bit of common Sence. Why stock a meat fish that no one can retain other than commercial or natives. I'm sure glad you are not in power in this province.

huntsfurfish
07-12-2015, 08:29 AM
That's just what this province needs more walleye. Why stock a meat fish that no one can retain other than commercial or natives.

Fixed your post for you.

ADH
07-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Are you on glue?? That's just what this province needs more walleye. Use a bit of common Sence. Why stock a meat fish that no one can retain other than commercial or natives. I'm sure glad you are not in power in this province.

Although that was a questionable post, I do agree in terms of walleye. We dont need stocked walleye. They are everywhere! We need better management ! Perch on the other had, could use some stocking.

damienelliott
07-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Well I apologize for being a little ****ed but this province has our sustainable resources so messed up it unreal. Talk about perch how about cow lake use to be the best perch water in alberta. What did esrd do about that? Put in diseased pike to try and make a trophy fishery. It doesn't work well when the energy that is suppose to grow the fish is going into fighting disease. If they intend on making any kind of fishery in this province they need someone to manage it. You want a walleye fishery it needs to be managed a trout fishery needs to managed. The only thing that is managed is the pocket books of the govt and keeping commercial and native nets full. Have a look at stocking numbers from previous years. Some like 3 million trout and 80 million walleye. Trout is a sport fish but 5 can be kept unless otherwise posted. Walleye are a meat fish that people want to eat so the catch limit is 0. Walleye is much better table fare than pellet fed 6" trout. So maybe if it was managed a little a slot size would be put on the walleye so there is natural recruitment instead of plugging a lake with 30 million fish that will get to 1lb and never reproduce because of the over population. I like fishing as much as everyone else but some serious action needs to be taken in this province if the next generation wants to catch any fish. And that doesn't mean keep everything you catch as there is a thing called catch and release.

luv2hunt
07-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Exactly.. I want to catch walleye to , to heck with pike and rainbows , why do only the gifted get to catch them ? Commercial or native can go pound sand. Soon there will be nothing left.

huntsfurfish
07-13-2015, 12:38 PM
There is no more commercial fishing.

huntsfurfish
07-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Fishin is sposed to be fun.:)

damienelliott
07-13-2015, 12:46 PM

Ya I read it before you deleted it. You don't need to be a bio to figure out what needs to be going on. I run into commercial nets every year so don't tell me there is no more commercial fishing.

Winch101
07-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Prussian Carp on the list . We need more fish that appeal to the
greater percentage of Alberta Fisherman.....

ADH
07-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Well I apologize for being a little ****ed but this province has our sustainable resources so messed up it unreal. Talk about perch how about cow lake use to be the best perch water in alberta. What did esrd do about that? Put in diseased pike to try and make a trophy fishery. It doesn't work well when the energy that is suppose to grow the fish is going into fighting disease. If they intend on making any kind of fishery in this province they need someone to manage it. You want a walleye fishery it needs to be managed a trout fishery needs to managed. The only thing that is managed is the pocket books of the govt and keeping commercial and native nets full. Have a look at stocking numbers from previous years. Some like 3 million trout and 80 million walleye. Trout is a sport fish but 5 can be kept unless otherwise posted. Walleye are a meat fish that people want to eat so the catch limit is 0. Walleye is much better table fare than pellet fed 6" trout. So maybe if it was managed a little a slot size would be put on the walleye so there is natural recruitment instead of plugging a lake with 30 million fish that will get to 1lb and never reproduce because of the over population. I like fishing as much as everyone else but some serious action needs to be taken in this province if the next generation wants to catch any fish. And that doesn't mean keep everything you catch as there is a thing called catch and release.

Despite your obvious aggrivation, there is definitie truth to this rambling. However, I do believe this tag system can work. It does need adjustments and more allocations need to be given for that 1 to 2 lb fish range but keeping a limit of 0 everywhere for sport fishermen is not the way to go. Allowing fish to Ben taken over 50cm, definitely not the way to go either.

ADH
07-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Prussian Carp on the list . We need more fish that appeal to the
greater percentage of Alberta Fisherman.....

:thinking-006:

damienelliott
07-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Despite your obvious aggrivation, there is definitie truth to this rambling. However, I do believe this tag system can work. It does need adjustments and more allocations need to be given for that 1 to 2 lb fish range but keeping a limit of 0 everywhere for sport fishermen is not the way to go. Allowing fish to Ben taken over 50cm, definitely not the way to go either.

Absolutely as I said it needs to managed. The sport fisherman arnt keeping fish. But the numbers will be reduced via meat fisherman. So making a limit that will sustain fishing pressure and still naturally recruit is key. Every species included. What I really don't understand is the trout ponds. I understand the catch/keep fishery but wouldn't it make more Sence to put a size limit on the fish and lower the keep limit? Say Dickson pond for example just as a reference. We put in 30000 6" triploid fish then the next year put in 20000 6" triploid fish then the next year put in 20000 triploid fish. Make the keep limit 2 over 20" as a triploid is a 4-5 year fish so by the time it makes it to 20" it's served it purpose and been lots of fun for several people. But the opportunity is still there to catch lots of fish and maybe if your lucky enough you can take home a fish that is big enough to eat and won't taste like fish pellets. And being there would be several year classes of fish it would be a pond for people of all skill levels and wants could be met for both sport/recreation and meat fisherman. The same could be done with 99% of the waters here in AB with any species. Don't keep the spawners and have the catch/keep numbers low/high enough to grow fish and naturally recruit new fish.

huntsfurfish
07-13-2015, 04:54 PM
:party0052: